1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubdubz said:
Karlos awesome stuff - can you do a recap of your mods for me - I tried to locate and failed

I’ll try to condense it lol

2110 motor, FK10 cam, 42x37.5 cnc heads & Weber 48 IDA’s
091 box, hd weddle internals longer 3rd & 4th & super diff
4.5” narrowed, caster adjustable king & link pin beam
Narrowed lower arms, adjustable spring plates
Blistien shocks all round
Small front notches & tubs
Porsche/brembo 4 pot 944 turbo front brakes
Csp 5x130 rear drums
Hurst line lock
Full auto meter gauges
Smiths electronic speedo
Gene Berg shifter

Was playing about with the 2 step limiter and the roll control today ready for some strip action at Bugjam next weekend, it leaves pretty hard :D

dubdubz said:
K@rlos said:

Was playing about with the 2 step limiter and the roll control today ready for some strip action at Bugjam next weekend, it leaves pretty hard :D

So cool

And thanks for the compiled list 😁

No worries

Yeah I’m happy with the performance, I know full well it’s never going to be a record breaker but for a heavy and fully fitted out westfalia poptop (minus the sink unit) which is street driven and used for holidays it’s pretty stout!

Bus has been racking up the miles this summer, on the 14th several of the earlybay.com originals. Grazy, Egotrippin, radish, MCVW and Marcher descended upon my workshop in the sleepy Suffolk country side for a camp out, bbq and piss up at my workshop. Much alcohol was consumed

Then on the Sunday myself, Egotrippin, Radish and Grazy drove back to Felixstowe for lunch on the pier. We couldn’t park along the sea front so upset all of Grazys neighbours :lol:

share picture

Racked up over 300 miles this week in the bus just doing errands, using it for work as well as trip up the coast.
Came across a misfire yesterday at about 5000 rpm when having a blast down a back road which turned out to be due to a knackered spark plug. New set of plugs and it a screamer again :mrgreen:

Off down to Dorset in it week after next for a weeks camping

Had a 248 mile non stop trip from Felixstowe to Dorset on Thursday, bus cruised at 70mph most of the way and didn’t miss a beat, didn’t get too hot and was fairly good on fuel too! :mrgreen:

Not bad considering many says performance motors in buses are troublesome and unreliable….

Home till Tuesday :D

Back from Dorset, just over 500 miles and 2 tanks of fuel.
Flawless 8)

Will be at retro dubs the weekend in Ipswich then off the road for the winter and for the nitrous oxide install :mrgreen:

Had a great summer in the bus, all locked away for the winter now for some work and improvements.

I’ll be installing a nitrous express fogger system and increasing the engines capacity from 2110cc to a 2276cc :mrgreen:

Motors out of the bus now, picking the 2276cc pistons and barrels up from the post office tomorrow and hopefully taking the long block to hector next week.

But while it was sitting there on the floor I began to have a bit of a play…

I’ll also be pulling the tank out and welding in an AN-4 fitting for the return line from the secondary fuel system for the nitrous. No real dead line for it to be done, I’d like it for ninove but I’m hoping to be in the states at about that time.

Latest posts