1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a parcel from A1 exhausts in the states this morning. I had to order a slightly more street friendly muffler as the race bullet although it sounded epic was a bit on the noisy side lol so he knocked me up a ‘twin tube’ with a side exiting tail pipe, once again the quality and fit is flawless :mrgreen:

Just for the record my motor doesn’t leak oil, that’s from where I had the valve covers off to check the lash :mrgreen:

Absolutely loving the exhaust, nice throaty burble at idle and low rpm then roars when I floor it :mrgreen:

Bus on daily duty this week, nice little 3 mile drive through Felixstowe to the docks each way. Here it is sitting in the carpark with a fellow engineers 1964 Ford galaxy, we found out the other night on the way home bus is waaaay faster :lol: :mrgreen:

Date night with the missus consisted of McDonald’s and sitting in the bus watching the ship 2 shores at work loading a ship

The new ‘twin tube’ muffler sounds amazing :mrgreen: wasn’t cheap but very, very happy. The quality, fit and performance is second to none, blows vintage speed out the water. Tiger is a very helpful guy, will certainly be using him again.

https://youtu.be/0vKhsVEyVEY

So bus is on daily duty for the week while I refurbish the injectors in my Audi. Been pretty sunny this week in Felixstowe so cruising to work at 6.30 am along the seafront has been pretty nice 8)

I’m off shift till Sunday so we had a ride down to beach for lunch today as the suns out 8)

Apart from killing the release bearing last summer by doing a burnout it’s been a trouble free 3000 miles since getting back on the road last year. I was expecting a few little niggles but other than due to my own doing it’s not given me any grief. A few alternations have happened like the exhaust and the berg vents etc but other than that it’s been spot on :D

Let’s hope I can actually get it to some shows this year... :shock:

So this happened today....

Was a bit a arse to fit by myself and I lost any chance of going lower (not that I care) but wow what a difference on corners!!!

That rear stabiliser bar looks good and as you say helps in the corners, I am going to presume it's because of the stroker,
and would probably not enhance my ride sufficiently enough or would it???
I put the front larger one on and it did help a little however when the smaller tyres were on it hit the ground to many times.
Scared the life out of Pippa and I on many occasions.Looking good otherwise.

J & P
:D :D :D

mike202 said:
Nice [emoji106] I’m pleased with mine, although I’ve only driven about 100 miles since the fit !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve done 4 :lol: on the test drive round the country roads it really seems to have helped.

Latest posts