1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same as mine, stock 091 ratios. The internals of mine are all heavy duty weddle versions.
interested to know what gears you have in your 091

Pete built Alistair's 090 that i am currently running with the following
1st - 3.80
2nd - 2.06
3rd - 1.26
4th - 0.82
R+P 4.57

I have a spare 091 also.....

And no manikini's either by the looks of it!

Bummer I missed Grazy's set!!
And no manikini's either by the looks of it!

Bummer I missed Grazy's set!!
Don’t think you’d have liked it, he played old skool drum & bass and jungle. Not hipster stuff 😂

My bus has some good company over winter… Steve Wragg (aka Egotrippin on here) has left his awesome patina’d 1970 kombi with me for a full engine rebuild/upgrade on his 2007cc stroker.

Should leave with several more ponies once Hector & myself have had a play 😏

My bus has some good company over winter… Steve Wragg (aka Egotrippin on here) has left his awesome patina’d 1970 kombi with me for a full engine rebuild/upgrade on his 2007cc stroker.

Should leave with several more ponies once Hector & myself have had a play 😏

That sort of comment really excites me and I wonder what could be done with mine :D

I can't really remember. I need to go through my build thread and see if I ever posted it.

I would guess it is a 1776, I remember buying a cam and a lightened fly wheel for it. It also has twin carbs. It was about 9-10 years ago now.
A mild 1776 should be 90-100 horsepower. I personally prefer a full weight flywheel on a bus motor, have 1 on my 2276.

A mild 1776 should be 90-100 horsepower. I personally prefer a full weight flywheel on a bus motor, have 1 on my 2276.
I've never had it on a rolling road I trusted.

I did one 03/07/2015 whom I had received really good recommendations on. I got 40.08hp at 4100rpm and 64.23 torque at 2700rpm (I still have the print out).

A few days later, I realised that the throttle cable was loose. Would have thought an expert would have noticed that right?
Now I believe she is running OK (I can get 70mph up hill if I want to) I am going to take it to a place that my brother uses for his race cars to get what I hope is the first true engine check/reading.

Another little winter project on the go….

We built a tasty little 1600 for my girlfriends 1960 bug 😎

1600 twin port
Fully balanced and blueprinted
Stock crank, rods & flywheel
26mm Gene berg full flow oil pump
Remote oil filter
Ported 1600 fuel injection heads
Old skool DDS inlet manifolds
Hi Rev single springs
Engle w110 camshaft
Thorsen pieper tool steel lifters
Bugpack 1.25:1 bolt up rockers