1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuel injected heads? Interested in these. How do they operated with the carbs? Do the carbs just have their fuel ports blocked? What’s the deal?

Fuel injected heads? Interested in these. How do they operated with the carbs? Do the carbs just have their fuel ports blocked? What’s the deal?
They are the heads which were fitted to late 70’s fuel injected beetle engines, work as a normal head would but have Smaller inlet valves, chambers & long reach spark plugs. Carbs still work as carbs lol

Last edited:
They are the heads which were fitted to late 70’s fuel injected beetle engines, work as a normal head would but have Smaller inlet valves, chambers & long reach spark plugs. Carbs still work as carbs lol

I presume one or both "fuel-injected" cylinder heads would have an M10 x 1.0 mm threaded boss for a cylinder-head temperature sensor, for the North American specification, Bosch L-Jetronic fuel-injection system and possibly the Mexican specification Bosch Digifant fuel-injection system, which was also used on Brazilian-built, post-1997 VW 1600 Type 2 T2c vehicles that were exported to Great Britain.

I presume one or both "fuel-injected" cylinder heads would have an M10 x 1.0 mm threaded boss for a cylinder-head temperature sensor, for the North American specification, Bosch L-Jetronic fuel-injection system and possibly the Mexican specification Bosch Digifant fuel-injection system, which was also used on Brazilian-built, post-1997 VW 1600 Type 2 T2c vehicles that were exported to Great Britain.
Yup has a thread in 1 head. FI heads weren’t something i specifically wanted to use but we had a good set in stock so we went with them.

Well the bus hasn’t been out of the workshop since October and not started for a month lol so I finally got round to fitting the new CSP oil filler, modifying the breather box and giving the engine bay a well deserved clean.

Changed it to AN-8 threaded fittings and added an extra port for the fuel pump block off to vent too. Now there isn’t a single push on hose or pipe on the entire van 👌🏻

Wow that looks the biz.
So happy Christmas to you too

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,from another that’s not a big celebration fan. :)
I hate it, or as I told my mother in law “ I don’t agree with the commercial exploitation of a religious holiday” 😂

Surely that should be the commercial exploitation of a midwinter celebration that's been hijacked by religion?
Anyway, back to the thread.
How often are you expecting to be removing the rocker covers?
Either way it’s a load of shit 😂

Due to how high i Rev my 2276 too i check the valve clearances & rocker side play 4 times a year, excessive I know but I like to monitor things like that. plus I have the bug too. And I may use them on the engines of customers I really like also 😂

Last edited:

Had some nice billet 40mm venturis arrive from Eurocarb today. Will fit them in the new year and re jet it accordingly, should hopefully release some more rpm and bhp 😬

Had the carbs off: stripped, cleaned, float heights checked and new 40mm vents fitted. Engine has responded well and really likes to rev now, needs some slightly larger main jets to get the AFR where I want it but overall very happy with the changes

I still get a RFL reminder, recieved it at
end of last month, it has the ref number on it to submit RFL online. Get one for my daily too.

Latest posts