1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to bugjam yesterday, was there 24 hrs and came home again. Mostly because the weather was shocking but considering it was £135 per ticket the show itself was pretty lame so after many years of going bugjam I doubt I’ll be attending again. However I did run a 16.20 @ 84mph without the nitrous on street tyres, was gonna use the gas today but the weather put pay to that. Also saw Altern8 in the music the tent.

Yup, it was not brill yesterday. I didn’t come out of the garage all day and just fannied about with this and that. Shame about the weather bud , we did only marginally better at the Castle last weekend but it dried up on Sunday mostly for the show and shine. So who’s gonna get a nasty surprise with that bottle of nitrous then?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,whole month has been less than mediocre :)

You childish nobhead! When we do dopey stuff like that, why do we feel the need to turn the steering wheel for a little wiggle in the middle of it. Bet you can’t do it dead straight .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,I’m as childish as you like ,, for an old twat!

You childish nobhead! When we do dopey stuff like that, why do we feel the need to turn the steering wheel for a little wiggle in the middle of it. Bet you can’t do it dead straight .
Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,I’m as childish as you like ,, for an old twat!

I didn’t turn the wheels, that was where the back end started to pull round so I let go of line lock and rolled out of it lol.

I didn’t turn the wheels, that was where the back end started to pull round so I let go of line lock and rolled out of it lol.
Still looks great, I’m glad you took a photo of it. Both wheels performing. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,something to show the grandkids when you get over the hill.:)

Still looks great, I’m glad you took a photo of it. Both wheels performing. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,something to show the grandkids when you get over the hill.:)
Yep, a fully built 091 box with all weddle internal and a limited slip diff courtesy of the gearbox master Pete Engleloz @ cogbox 😎 I’ll drag the missus along next time and get her to video it 😂

No kids or grand kids here! 🪓 if you get my drift…. 😂

interested to know what gears you have in your 091

Pete built Alistair's 090 that i am currently running with the following
1st - 3.80
2nd - 2.06
3rd - 1.26
4th - 0.82
R+P 4.57

I have a spare 091 also.....

Latest posts