1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on it now, got my beam back from the machinist finally :D And started building it up.

Cut down and re-dimpled the leaves, al going well this will be fitted monday :mrgreen:

And more bits for the motor in the shape of a rather tasty Holley fuel regulator 8)

Did this today

Gonna drop the back down a couple more splines tomorrow and then it's off to be notched up front. Adjusters are on the highest setting atm and the track rods are scary close to the chassis :?

aspro said:
Nice work Karlos. 8) Looks spot on mate.

What's the spec? 4"? KnL?

Thanks Chris

Buswerx 1 off 6" king & link pin beam from OG core, adjusters, cnc cut end plates with re angled shock mounts
Slamwerks flipped spindles
Slamwerks narrowed lower trailing arms
T2D slam shocks

Kyb shocks at back with a 3 spline twist, 2 outer & 1 inner.

Going to Buswerx next week to get the front chassis notched

Sadly I haven't driven it :( still gotta drop the back more and connect clutch and hand brake cables. First place it's getting driven to is Buswerx to be notched which thankfully is 5 mins from my house. Even though it's not finished yet I love it :mrgreen:

Had a bit of an issue with my top shock bolts, the beam is so narrow and due to the re angled top mount there was no room to get the nylock nut behind the end plate, so after a bit of head scratching I came up with this :D

Drilled through the inner arch and now have the nut inboard

Roughly set the tracking and the front is all done apart from the notching.

that is to low for my kidneys 10 years ago maybe but not now have you still got that old beam have pmd you :lol:

Sorted the back end out today, spent hours fucking about to get it sitting how I wanted it, end result was 2 outer splines and 1 inner spline. Will be off to Buswerx Thursday to be notched and I'll then drop the front a bit more :)

Front will come down more 8) arse is staying as is, my new motor has a deep sump & mondo exhaust which has put pay to the slam war :lol:

Latest posts