1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got this today through work, the place we get our electrical components through. Nacton Auto Electrics, top blokes £73 inc VAT, GSF wanted over £100!

Nah mate sod that. My ex is a right c*nt, only reason I was there is cos I'm friends with her flat mate and she was coming a car show with us. As I say, awkward.

Went over Hectors Saturday & Sunday, motor is now in the final assembly stage :D

Sorted the breather system too, vented some stock rocker covers and acquired a GWD breather box. Previously fitted to the Hembug drag car 8)

Got the bus in the workshop today on my lunch hour and fitted some extra gauges too

Not all crankshafts and compression ratios though... Done some cleaning and painting ready to hit it hard with the slamming stick :D

Picked up my refurbed OG Bosch alternator today, cost me 10 whole pounds :D Helps to be connected you know ;)

Also treated myself to an early Bday present, in the shape of some rather tasty CSP intake manifolds :mrgreen:

Yet more has gone on with the 'Spunk bus' recently.

Got my K&L end plates made up and my friend Dan is making be a narrowed beam as we speak

Hector has been a busy porting my heads and manifolds to perfection

And yesterday I went into work and fitted new front brake shoes and replaced a leaking wheel cylinder

Well it never came off the road :lol: when the motor and beam are done they will be fitted over a couple of weekends 8)

Had a busy weekend on the Spunk bus.

Under-sealed the cab for and front chassis rails

Fitted new gear linkage bushes and cleaned up the shaft.

Then Slammed came to the rescue and brought me another steering box over. 2nd box I've had to buy after getting sold a wanked 1 by a member on here...

Slammed said:
Karl, how does it drive...?

Didn't get round to fitting it to sadly Ollie, will take it to work tomorrow to clean it and put fresh oil in. Will let you know though mate :)

Now got all my bits to slam the f*ck out of the bus :mrgreen:

Also serviced the steering box I brought off Slammed, gave it a bit of paint and fresh oil. Fitted it today and it drives LOVELY :D

And fitted this too :msn4:

The test down the driveway resulted in a scared cat which caused dads lunch to go across the floor.... Angry dad :scared0016:

:lol:

2110 Specs:

Built by Hector Howe (back street hero) :lol:
Genuine German AS41 case
CSP 1.5L deep sump
CB performance 82mm chromoly crank with Chevy journals
CB chromoly head studs
DRD racing 5.4 H-beam rods
Mahle 90.5 pistons & barrels, lightened & balanced
DRD racing L5 CNC ported heads (perfected by Hector) 53cc chambers, stainless steel 40x35.5 valves & dual springs
Weber 48IDF's with veloctiy stacks and CB Performance filters
Facet electric fuel pump
Holley pressure regulator
CSP intake manifolds match ported
CSP bell crank throttle linkage
Engle FK8 camshaft
Scat lightweight lifters
Scat straight cut cam gears
Gene Berg chromo pushrods
Fast fab spring loaded pushrod tubes
Scat pro-comp 1.4:1 rockers
Gene Berg equaliser pulley
Gene Berg 30mm oil pump/ Berg full flow cover
Stateside tuning flywheel (OG VW core)
Gene Berg race fan
Kennedy stage 2 clutch pressure palte
Super Dalkin friction plate
External oil filter head, Fram HP-1 filter and oil cooler with scoop
Complete bottom end dynamically balanced together as 1 by Stateside tuning
OG Bosch 009 dizzy with Petronix electronic ignition
Taylor 8 mm HT leads
OG Bosch blue coil
Gene Berg 1 5/8 merged header with a ceramic Bugpack mondo muffler

Small update: last bits & pieces such as HT leads, alternator pulley etc are in the post, tinware is being nodded to fit and then it's all to Buswerx to be painted gloss black 8) Also I have next week off work so I've borrowed a corner of the Buswerx workshop to fit my beam, whist it's in Dan is gonna notch the chassis for me 8)

Actually bouncing off the Walls with excitement!!!!!!!!

:bliss:

Latest posts