1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to reading the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's got nearly 4 times the power a 1600 has, so let's leave it at that ;) everyone will see how much punch it's packing when I race it next year :mrgreen:

K@rlos said:
Well it's got nearly 4 times the power a 1600 has, so let's leave it at that ;) everyone will see how much punch it's packing when I race it next year :mrgreen:

cant wait mate next years going to be buzzing 8)

It did ok tbh, only problem is the gearing is too short really. 70mph @ 4000 & 105mph @ 6500rpm :?

Plus it gets a bit upset if I launch it. A 6 rib is what's needed... £££ :roll:

K@rlos said:
It did ok tbh, only problem is the gearing is too short really. 70mph @ 4000 & 105mph @ 6500rpm :?

do you reckon it will beat my 1641 lol :lol:

privatejobs said:
K@rlos said:

do you reckon it will beat my 1641 lol :lol:

It will do 70mph in 3rd so maybe :lol:

Cheers :)

Me & Grazy went out for a rip earlier, it's running so well since being set up on the dyno. Really sharp on the throttle. Did a huge burnout through Woodbridge town centre, had it side ways around some roundabouts and hit 7000rpm up the A12 :mrgreen:

I fucking love my bus! Can't believe I tried selling it :shock:

http://youtu.be/qf9oR_dY90c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:

Went to Gatt's bungalow diner meet in Colchester lastnight. Drove over there with my mate Dominic, owner of DLF classic cars which is where the rolling road I use is. We had the hammer down hard all the way 8)

Dom's has a lil 1641 which built years ago by Hector who did my 2110 and is the 1st engine he built for a customer. It's had the total balls thrashed out of it for years and still makes 87 hp :D

K@rlos said:

Went to Gatt's bungalow diner meet in Colchester lastnight. Drove over there with my mate Dominic, owner of DLF classic cars which is where the rolling road I use is. We had the hammer down hard all the way 8)

Dom's has a lil 1641 which built years ago by Hector who did my 2110 and is the 1st engine he built for a customer. It's had the total balls thrashed out of it for years and still makes 87 hp :D

That's on my todo list a Rollin road session once I get this remote cooler sorted 8)

You do need a remote cooler on a bus motor really. Did over 400 miles in the last 26 hrs in mine from yesterday. Drove all the way to Cardiff and back. Spent lastnight in a quite carpark just outside Cardiff, hit the road at 8 this morning, stopped at the ace cafe on the north circular then home. Sat at 70-80 mph nearly all the way, this 2110 has made the bus a total mileage monster! Just makes big trips effortless :mrgreen:

Latest posts