1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Sam* said:

Yep. Gonna go for a blow through set up, that way I can utilise what I already have. Converting the carbs to turbo spec and drop the compression a bit will be the most complicated bit, 300 horsepower is quite attainable :mrgreen:

After a long and hard summer the bus is finally off the road for the winter. Pulled the motor out Saturday, needs a rear main seal and gonna check the rocker geometry.

The girlfriend wanted to help, learn and get her hands dirty :) so she gave the tin ware a clean, wants to polish up the ceramic mondo muffler now knows how to adjust a motor with chromoly pushrods :mrgreen:

Did all the little jobs on my motor today. Changed the rear seal, tightened a full flow fitting and adjusted the valves. Just gotta re fit it and run it up then we're ready for Ninove :mrgreen:

Yeah I have a remote cooler with a scoop too. My remoter filter head has a sandwich plate which is plumbed to the cooler.

Me & Grazy went to collect my motor today. All the little jobs are done and we bumped the compression up to 10:1 :mrgreen: got new oil, Fram HP1 filter, breather hose and an engine bay seal. All will be done and fitted next Saturday :)

Ninove preparations have begun, new floor and thicker curtains to freshen things up a bit :)

Not gonna lie, it was quite minging :? And the amount of bottle tops I found was unreal :lol:

Got the new floor sorted this weekend :mrgreen:

Big thanks to Grazy for doing that for me, greatly appreciated :)

Francine got the polish out again today and cleaned the badge & hubcaps today.

Cheers guys :) nah no filters, my carbs have CB Performance jet doctor kits which prevents blocked jets. Was quite expensive along with the stack covers but the in muffled sound of twin 48's is well worth it :mrgreen: I'm very happy with how the interior came out 8)

Spent the day doing jobs for Ninove. Rebuilt the back brakes, riveted on new hub cap clips and dropped the back end :mrgreen:

Well the old bucket of bolts got me and the missus to Ninove and back without any issues :D

We spent the first night just outside Niewpoort in Belgium.

Then Saturday we set off to Ninove

Where we camped outside the police station :lol:

Sunday's show was epic as usual :mrgreen:

And for the final night we went back to our campsite where I cooked dinner :D then we got comfy and spent the evening watching Walking Dead on the iPad with a Witkap each :)

Latest posts