1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how many litres of mixed paint did the full roof take ? ive gotta doe this soon

ta

reijo said:
how many litres of mixed paint did the full roof take ? ive gotta doe this soon

ta

I had a little bit left from 2 litres after doing doing the bumpers and roof

Bus has been at Kustom Dubwerks in Essex for the past week. Tim has been sorting out more horrific bodges that Buswerx had done :evil: this time, the sliding door...

Tim spent the week doing the metal work and put it in primer, I've spent today painting it. Pleased with result considering its out of a rattle can ;) Just need to flat it down and lacquer it.

Me and the bus have been doing the rounds this weekend...

We went the pub in Framlingham yesterday afternoon

Then the pub and kebab house back home in Felixstowe

And finally to the pub today in the town where I grew up, Woodbridge.

:mrgreen:

Well I've been driving it a lot :lol:

Bugjam

Viva Skeg Vegas

And a wedding, took the bridesmaids and my girlfriend who was the maid of honour (the middle 1) :)

Also invested in a few performance upgrades for the motor :msn4:

Full MSD ignition

And, eh.... Nitrous :mrgreen:

Liking the performance upgrades :)

What you hopin' to get with that little lot in terms of power?

gninnam said:
Liking the performance upgrades :)

What you hopin' to get with that little lot in terms of power?

Well the NOS is a 50hp shot, MSD not sure. So about 225hp with just the gas :D Th MSD is more for safety, got built in rev limiter and will run the nos between 4500rpm & 7000rpm

Love reading this thread , more upgrades :shock: :shock: yeah man. Awesome stuff.
Cant wait for the results to be posted. Drool.

J & P
:D :D :D

Bus is now off the road, off to the body shop in a couple of weeks for a fair bit of welding :? Underneath will also be getting por 15'd and fully undersealed. Motor is coming out to install a different deep sump, different gauge sender set up, MSD ignition, hapless piston rings and a nitrous oxide kit as well as having a good service. Gearbox is getting a service too .

Bus is now off the road, off to the body shop in a couple of weeks for a fair bit of welding :? Underneath will also be getting por 15'd and fully undersealed. Motor is coming out to install a different deep sump, different gauge sender set up, MSD ignition, hapless piston rings and a nitrous oxide kit as well as having a good service. Gearbox is getting a service too .

Hi k@rlos
I'd steer away from por 15 personally as it has a habit of peeling off in sheets even after proper prep
Epoxy mastic would be a far better choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read the whole thread, loving the work! Mind you, I'm a sucker for a big motor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers for the Advice and comments guys :)

I do keep looking at swapping my Weber 48 IDF's for Weber 48 IDA's.... :msn4:

Will need a bit of work to run in a bus, such as 3rd progression ports BUT the extra power and the noise will be worth it :mrgreen:

Slight change of direction with the engine, turned away from the nitrous idea because my Motor is bullet proof and I don't wanna torch a head :? So, I'll be going with a nice new set of Weber 48 IDA's on tall manifolds and a tayco linkage 8)

Not as much power but still an increase. Will be some scene points on a bus and they sound amazing!

Latest posts