1970 tin top westy resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having seen this van in the various stages during the resto, you're all right , its gonna be awesome. And if Dave or Joe find a marker pen it'll have show winner written all over it :lol: :lol: :lol: Joking aside saw this today while taking Joes engine back over, and the shiny stuff is on the roof and looking sweet as a nut .

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate the comments.

Hopefully post some photo's of the shiny stuff soon. :D :D :D

What would that be at commercial rates ? About 10K ish ?

Couldn't possibly comment, but you may see me hanging around on street corners trying to pay for it (probably take as many hours as the prep)..... :roll:

Shiny stuff, roof...
Roof4.jpg

Roof2.jpg

..and the cab area....

Front3.jpg

..against black under the arches..
Front2.jpg

Front1.jpg

...in the cab itself..
Front6.jpg

...and against the engine tinware..

Front8.jpg

Compliments nicely.

3 coats of 2K followed by 3 coats of Lacquer. It'll be shiny alright.... :wink: :D

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

A job well done there :D Looking very nice and well worth all that effort you put into the prep job :wink:

Now comes the fun part of putting it all back together without chipping the paint :shock: Masking tape works well on edges to offer some protection when fitting doors etc.

thats gonna look sick 8) love it

Covin said:
A job well done there :D Looking very nice and well worth all that effort you put into the prep job :wink:

Now comes the fun part of putting it all back together without chipping the paint :shock: Masking tape works well on edges to offer some protection when fitting doors etc.

That's the ball breaker isn't it - I'm not so worried about it going back together OK, I'm more worried about what might happen to the first person that strokes a side panel with their ring finger...its only a bus, it's only a bus, it's only a bus........... BUT HEY , I can always rat it again!
can't I Dave? :twisted:

Fair play boyo's that is absolutely bloody marvellous. What wheels are going on her? now put the jigsaw back together. The paint looks awesome.....

Thanks,

I'm staying with the solid steel 5's , they were in really good condition. Got them shot blasted and primed. They will be sprayed beryl on the inner ring and pastel white on the outer.

I'm still having a think about the tyre choice though, It'll be dropped two splines on the back and levelled , just not sure which size will best suit yet...

Want to know how we've done it? A herd of little Umpa Lumpa's turn up at around midnight and get to work...

Joe2.jpg

They don't eat much, but they're thirsty little buggers...

The engine bay has now been done !

Engine9.jpg

Engine8.jpg

Engine6.jpg

Picking up the gearbox from Cogbox next week, hopefully the rebuild will start at the end of the week...

tintintin said:
Want to know how we've done it? A herd of little Umpa Lumpa's turn up at around midnight and get to work...

Joe2.jpg

They don't eat much, but they're thirsty little buggers...

Is that not Papa Smurf ????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm... Let the public decide...

Umpa Lumpa?
wonka82qx.jpg

Papa Smurf?
images2.jpg

Or something else?
images1.jpg

The last one is holding a safety star!.. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts