1970 westy pop top resto has started

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very close to being finished just the curtains and the step trim for the loading door to go .A few pics
001-19.jpg

Drilled front panel for badge took about 3 hours to grow a set big enough to drill it went well in the end
002-16.jpg

Interior in not perfect but very good for 40 years old
003-17.jpg

004-12.jpg

005-12.jpg

006-14.jpg

007-11.jpg

Should be done by the weekend then ready for battlesbridge

nice!!! your bus looks like brand new! :shock:
your interior looks pretty new as well, did you do anything to it or was it like this?

I am so impressed Chris, a top, top job!

Can't wait to see it in the flesh

Well done mate :D

Passed its mot today well pleased just a few finishing touchs tommorrow then its of to our local club meet on sunday :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

First trip out to my local club meet well chuffed ran great csp discs bedded in and im very impressed with the stopping power well worth the money
bugersmeetandcruisemay10013.jpg

bugersmeetandcruisemay10021.jpg

Just a few little bits to do but there always is
I would like to thank the following people for there help with this van
Tracy (the wife) for putting up with the nightmare restoration can be
Nick (hogseye)
Will (tintintin)
Graham (grazy)
Steve (ooro)
jon (58 herbie)
Marty (martyboy)
karl (westy richardson)
Danny and phil
And any body else ive missed
Thanks alot

really beautiful. well done :mrgreen:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Only sorry I couldn't have been there today mate - what a day for it :D

What a beautiful van!!!!!!!! Great job and nice details, they go a long way.

I have a couple of questions for you. Where are the curtains from? What mustard vinyl did you use for the rear upholstery? It looks so correct.

Cheers guys for the kind words
Squareweave .The curtains where made by a friend of a friends mum i got the material from a local material shop.The vinyl came from the states via a member on here i belive the guy in the states still makes them if you need to know who it is im sure i can find out

Chris good to see the van finally on the road looking great , also could you confirm if the book tracy is reading in the back is about restoring a mk 1 golf ;)

you can use it this year chris but when you`ve finished with it ya gotta sell it to me..... :lol:

love your bus fella
cool as.......well worth the headaches and sleepless nights ;)