69 delta green westfalia restoration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wensbry said:
Looking good Leon, see you camping somewhere soon.

Steve

Hope so fella. Promise I wont park my exhaust in your awning next time! ;)

froggy said:
What did you decide with the interior in the end?

I've got a westy interior to go in. Need to cover the cushions and finish the floor before it can go in. Also got some louvred windows to go on and then I may consider some adjustable springplates to bring the rear in line with the front. I most definitely am not lowering any more than it is at the front.

Got some adjustable spring plates at volksworld show and spent the afternoon in the sunshine lowering the backend. It's a bit too low at the moment. The front is higher and looks like i'm carrying cement. I will adjust them tomorrow and bleed the brakes at same time. Here's a sneeky pic.

DSC01445.jpg

Hi Leon! Very impressed by your work on the pop top... Last night I read your whole thread and I found it so inspiring you seem to be enjoying the van so much and really using it for what it was meant....good luck with the new westfalia interior!

ibérico said:
Hi Leon! Very impressed by your work on the pop top... Last night I read your whole thread and I found it so inspiring you seem to be enjoying the van so much and really using it for what it was meant....good luck with the new westfalia interior!

Thanks for that :)

Now that my school work is finished it's back to the van getting it ready for camping in a couple of weeks time.
Had to make all the westy brackets that help fit the interior! Why are these never part of the sale of an interior! Oh well.
Also, my very kind mother-in-law stitched up my seat covers and I had chance to fit them today.

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

Reckon I'm going to go into business making seat covers. Think they cost a total of £35. Bargain :)

leon said:
Reckon I'm going to go into business making seat covers. Think they cost a total of £35. Bargain :)
Can i be the 1st customer? :lol:
Looking good mate, will have to have a proper look soon

leon said:

3rd - looking v.good :mrgreen:

Cheers for the coms fellas.

Been busy getting the van ready for it's first camping trip of the year and finally finished the interior. Also got me a MOT which is always a relief. Didn't take hundreds of pics as I forgot, but here's the finished product. I'm well pleased. :D

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

Time to concentrate on the wheels now.

Great work Leon, love the bus, gonna have to check it out soon. Enjoy your 1st camp in ya new Westy 8)

Just

Looks amazing mate, glad you retained a bit of the old with the cushions too. I'll get a pass out for Deva :mrgreen:

Cheers everyone.

Want to detail the wheels ant. Shiney and black. 8)

Latest posts