69 delta green westfalia restoration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you do the one with the red walls when it was all shiney and polished. It's the one outside your house just after you red walled it. Nice work, i've been trying to work out how to do that for a while.

I think the wife would finally think i loved the bus more than her if i started putting canvas' of the van up, but i know what you mean justin. :D

leon said:
Can you do the one with the red walls when it was all shiney and polished. It's the one outside your house just after you red walled it. Nice work, i've been trying to work out how to do that for a while.

I think the wife would finally think i loved the bus more than her if i started putting canvas' of the van up, but i know what you mean justin. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
She'd get over it :mrgreen:

leon said:

Your wish is my command :)

260420091710.jpg

ant said:
leon said:

Your wish is my command :)

260420091710.jpg
I must be an idiot as i still cant get this effect on photobucket and would love one when i pick the freshly painted van up sometime this week / weekend

Never thought i'd see the day when i'd get excited about a trailer! Picked it up today. Now we can take even more crap camping :D

DSC00217.jpg

Cheers Dave.

Yeah, Red 9 kit'll have to wait. :cry: This is more practical.
Always planned to use the towbar for this reason Si!

Forgive me earlybayers for I have sinned (some may think).
After alot of deliberation the wife and I decided to convert our van into a pop top. 'Why didn't you just buy a westy instead of cutting a perfectly decent tintop?' I hear you ask. Well, 1. I didn't want a white or red van (no offence). 2. I love my van and it has alot of sentimental attachment. 3. The only green Westfalias (yes it had to be green) I saw for sale were well out of my price range.
If you still think i've sinned then i suggest you look away now! :shock: :)
Here are a selection of pictures taken over the last few months. Enjoy

First cut :shock: Was a scary moment.

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

After I'd cut the two sections to size I paid a visit to Midlandpaintwerks who very kindly let me borrow their air joggler.

DSC01126.jpg

Welded the roof section in. The panel is from a 73 continental so i didn't have to worry about the double skin a sunroof westy has. I also now have a double bed in the roof. Bonus.

DSC01128.jpg

While i was at midlandpaintwerks i took a template from a continental westy (that was in at the time) of all the bolt holes for the roof. This made life alot easier and a stroke of luck.
Roof on.

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

Spent the last couple of weekends fitting the headlining, canvas and bed. I'm pretty pleased with the results.

DSC01425.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01432.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

Big thanks to Drew, Stu and Jon for help and advise. Very much appreciated.

That's great work and I like the idea of yours a delta westy that will get a few purists scratching there heads ;) ;) nice work again

Chris

Hi Mate

Looks good, very similar to 'Turtle' that we sold a couple of years ago, that was a delta green westy with 'patina'

Latest posts