69 delta green westfalia restoration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Leon!

Looking nice that is - tell me about the wheels, NSU? So are they Porsche fitting, so wide 5 to Porsche adapters? (or late bay to Porsche?)

I like them un detailed personally, was thinking about a set of wide 5 Speedmasters, but maybe RO80's and wide 5 adapters cheaper? :?:

Nice bus!

Alistair

Brian Watts said:
Love your bay!

I am looking for my first bay (lots of VWs though) and would love to find one just like yours with the green because it's exactly like my grandfathers when I was a kid.

My first post, hi to everyone love the forum

hi brian,

i think woodslat is your side of the pond he might be able to help you.

sweet wheels leon, my preference is definitely detailed. 8)

aogrady said:
Hey Leon!

Looking nice that is - tell me about the wheels, NSU? So are they Porsche fitting, so wide 5 to Porsche adapters? (or late bay to Porsche?)

I like them un detailed personally, was thinking about a set of wide 5 Speedmasters, but maybe RO80's and wide 5 adapters cheaper? :?:

Nice bus!

Alistair

Yeah they are NSU's and are porsche pattern(wide to porsche). I love them undetailed, but since they have gone on the van i'm thinking maybe i should detail them. The contrast between shiney and matt doesn't quite show as i'd hoped. The reason i went for the wheels was mainly because you don't see too many vans running on these wheels,and they came with porsche 944 brakes. Other wise i'd've been looking at SA sprintstars.

Hi!

Oh, right, i see. So 944 brakes on the front, means no adaptors, but what about the rear, you running adaptors on the rear? It looks very nice, and different - you dont see many about, btw there is 1 wheel for sale on ebay now if you want a spare?

I like the look of the NSU's, or the Speedmasters, but i think the speedsmasters are quite dear...... :?:

Cheers!

Alistair

few pics of Leons 69 going to/from bustypes

190420091666.jpg

190420091662.jpg

190420091663.jpg

190420091657.jpg

Yeah, they're excellent ant, cheers! Could've warned me mind, so i could've smiled, i'm looking a little bit moody!

Cheers ant. :D

For some reason the wife doesn't like them :roll: Oh well!

windsurfer said:
Shit Dude, they're great!
Mrs Windsurfer's not sure either. Oh well, gotta be done :lol:

What do they know, and whos bus is it! :D

BBQ in the sun at Stanford hall with my splitty friend.

DSCF2730.jpg

DSCF2729.jpg

Right, my MOT has run out so the van is off the road, which means i may as well start the front brake setup. Went out tonight to have a final mock up and check that everything cleared, as i'm fitting the 14" wheels. Everything seems to be ok, except the dust plate fouled the wheel, so either i'll ditch them completely or i'll fire up the angle grinder, and the wheel balance weights caught on the caliper. So nothing too major, thank funk!
Here's a couple of pics.

This is the dust plate, looks nice, but is just a fraction too big. Should i trim it down, or ditch it?
DSCF2731.jpg

Hub, caliper, and spacer on. I needed a spacer as the wheel fouled the caliper! So NSU wheels at 14" will go on a 944 setup(bloody tight) with a 6mm spacer ;) Again, thank funk!
DSCF2733.jpg

Wheel on.
DSCF2734.jpg

Finally, a pic of my new front badge that stuartrx7 gave me at stanford hall. :D BIG thankyou.
DSCF2737.jpg

Looking good mate, would you believe 3 cars run over that bling.All you need now is to get that badge closer to the tarmac.

Thanks guys.

Guess what. IT PASSED MOT FIRST TIME
Never before have i achieved this! :D

Latest posts