69 delta green westfalia restoration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the coms! I love the wheels too, and now love the brakes now they are on! They stop brilliantly, and they're not even properly bedded in yet. Check this, i even let go of the steering wheel whilst braking today. :lol:

AxlFoley said:
looking good dude, i cant wait to get mine on now!!

does it feel a lot better now?

I makes a load of difference, no pulling being the obvious. Putting them to the test next week with a trip to Scotland. Happy camping :D .

Thanks for all your knowledge and help, would probably have been alot more time consuming without it. :)

Leon

Glad this is all sorted now.

Did you have any more mods other than to trim the dust plates and 6mm spacers, also what did you do with the bearing dust covers -did you stretch them on a press or were they ok in the end?

mattp said:
Glad this is all sorted now.

Did you have any more mods other than to trim the dust plates and 6mm spacers, also what did you do with the bearing dust covers -did you stretch them on a press or were they ok in the end?

Cheers Matt.

Yeah that was the other mod i had to do! I cut the bottom off the porsche bearing cover and the top inch of the vw cover and welded them together. Also had a minor issue with the master cylinder, the old master cylinder has 3 brake outlets, whereas the new later master cylinder only had 2, so i had to 'T' the front brake pipes. If that makes sense!

Leon.

Hey Leon

Cool van, swampy looks good, not had mine on the van yet :lol:...........nice choice with the rims. And loving the road trip pics, every gallery thread should have one!!!

Just

Mrs Leon said that whitewalls would look better so who were Mr Leon and i to argue.She was right tho

090720092140.jpg

090720092141.jpg

090720092143.jpg

090720092144.jpg

ant said:
Mrs Leon said that whitewalls would look better so who were Mr Leon and i to argue.She was right tho

Yep, the woman's always right :oops:

Like she said 'red and green just DON'T go' :lol:

Cheers guys, loving the wheels too, although i could've gone red or white, i like both. Thinking i'm going to detail them now!

Thanks for posting the pics ant, totally missed that one. Must've had a day off or something!

Dude mint van !!! i like the white better 2. Do you still have the white nose badge ? If so if your willing to sell please give me first dibs :)
Cheers
D'Arcy

leon said:
Cheers guys, loving the wheels too, although i could've gone red or white, i like both. Thinking i'm going to detail them now!

Thanks for posting the pics ant, totally missed that one. Must've had a day off or something!

Hi!

How are you gonna detail them, you gonna go fuchs style? I kinda like then raw looking, the slots remind me of speedmasters. The wheels and the band really set it off well! Nice!

Cheers!

Alistair

Latest posts