69 delta green westfalia restoration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
Getting better and better Leon 8)

Just

Cheers matey, noticed you've got some pretty juicy additions, can't wait to see them wheels on. :mrgreen:

Managed to get the rubber fitted to the front trims today. What a ball ache, they had to be trimmed, moulded and then fitted. They still need a final sand to get the curves right. Ah well they look better.

DSC00132.jpg

Lookin good Leon , I've got them on the front of mine but not the back, can you still buy them or are they NOS. Might just stick some on the back if I can still buy them ? 8) You really need to get those grilles on the front lights !! :lol:

leon said:
Managed to get the rubber fitted to the front trims today. What a ball ache, they had to be trimmed, moulded and then fitted. They still need a final sand to get the curves right. Ah well they look better.

DSC00132.jpg

Looking good Leon, I remember doing mine (in the dark) trying to sort them for a show. Nightmare is the word that comes to mind!

Looking good (is it me or do they look like they need a bit more patina on due to the patina on your bumper??) ;)

leon said:
creationblue said:
Getting better and better Leon 8)

Just

Cheers matey, noticed you've got some pretty juicy additions, can't wait to see them wheels on. :mrgreen:

Im looking forward to seeing if it all 'works' too in the looks department :lol:

Where did you get the rubbers for the bumper trims from?

Just

cheers guys.
Steve, the rubbers are still available(Custom and Commercial) but the rear trim is pretty hard to find.. I stumbled across them on ebay and got them for a steal. Was never my intention to put them on but once they arrived i couldn't resist.

Si, how did you mould the rubbers? Or were they the originals? Custom and commercial rubbers have to be modified.

Justin, i guarantee them wheels are going to look the nuts, they're my favourite wheel of choice :mrgreen: I.ve considered them on numerous occasions but since putting 944 brakes on the front didn't like the idea of widening my track when everybody's narrowing.

gninnam said:
(is it me or do they look like they need a bit more patina on due to the patina on your bumper??) ;)

Crossed my mind too. One day i'll have a shiney bus then it won't matter. ;)

leon said:
cheers guys.

Si, how did you mould the rubbers? Or were they the originals? Custom and commercial rubbers have to be modified.

Hey Leon,
They were originals, super solid and brittle as................ I tried putting them in hot water for ages but in the end it was a case of brute force etc.

Bought a new acoustic (Taylor) guitar for Xmas, can't wait for our next jam session. Roll on Summer. I presume you'll be at the same shows (Camper Jam etc)?

Hope student life is good :lol: :mrgreen:

Si ,very nice indeed :mrgreen: , good name! I once tried a 'Taylor' to compare with the one i was buying and the tyke made me take my top off. :lol: Obviously knew i'd scratch it. Unfortunately, as a student at the time i didn't have the extra dollar.
If you pass me the names of some songs you know, i'll learn them and we'll seem dead pro like! Should be going one or two shows this year(next one being bus types, i think), although student life is taking up alot of my time.
Until the next jam.

leon said:
although student life is taking up alot of my time.
You are having a laugh aren't you :lol:
Thats both a teacher (windsurfer) and a student both complaining about having no spare time, next you'll both be complaining you dont have enough days off :sad0049:

froggy said:
leon said:
although student life is taking up alot of my time.
You are having a laugh aren't you :lol:
Thats both a teacher (windsurfer) and a student both complaining about having no spare time, next you'll both be complaining you dont have enough days off :sad0049:

Froggy :fyou: :lol:

Leon,
Looks like I'll make it to Bus Types (for one night), if the weather's ok! I'll be flying solo so a jam session could be good.
In terms of songs, I've been learning some Green Day and a bit of Blink 182. If you name some songs with simple chords, I should be able to strum whilst you improvise around it. Are you going for the whole weekend?

Cheers
:mrgreen:

windsurfer said:
Froggy :fyou: :lol:

Leon,
Looks like I'll make it to Bus Types (for one night), if the weather's ok! I'll be flying solo so a jam session could be good.
In terms of songs, I've been learning some Green Day and a bit of Blink 182. If you name some songs with simple chords, I should be able to strum whilst you improvise around it. Are you going for the whole weekend?

Cheers
:mrgreen:
Time of your life is one that always goes down well.
Probably there early saturday, staying over sat night then leave early sunday, but yet to organise with ant and our cruise. See you there.(also going solo)

Latest posts