70 savannah beige deluxe (the 'baygel' bus)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new wheels arrived from Biagio on Tuesdey :D and i had my tyres fitted today :D

All Bridgestones, 165/50's front & 165/65's rear

tyres were a little cheaper as they were from a little independent garage

eagles010.jpg

I just love the contrast in new & old

I'm a little gutted as the caps have changed in design, they are still nice, I just prefer the old style, so i'll be swapping them over when I find some for sale

eagles002.jpg

Now I can have a little play at the weekend to see how much lower it needs to go

Paul 8)

dubscum said:
dude, i need to see picture of these on the bus NOW ! :p

they will be on here by the end of the weekend ;)

managed to find these from the same seller on thesamba, got aright bargain, paid for them friday so should have them in the next 2 weeks, just hope i dont get stung too badly for import tax

30489351.jpg

29421681.jpg

got my rear bumper back to og paint last night too, it looks good apart from where someone in the past has took all the og paint off in the middle :evil:
been offered a really really good bumper by a forum member, perfect patina and solid, just need to decide if i want to blend the middle section of mine or not :|

Right im off in the garage to do some fun stuff
Paul 8)

Very nice and blingy :shock:

yep - we need to see them on the bus ASAP ;)

Another update,
put the new wheels on & wound the front down one click on each beam adjuster
it was a bit of a tight squeeze getting the rear wheels on (glad i made that tyre choice as any bigger would have been a mare)

I'm loving the overall look but I want it down another inch on all four corners, which means tubbing the front and i'm going to get some t2d adjustable spring plates.... as the back end is uneven, the wheels are a mare to get off and it needs to go lower and the adjustables kick it up an inch or two. Not sure if they'll work with my widefive drop plates, if they dont i'll have to notch the rear chassis for the irs arm, as the chassis has only been notched for the drive shaft. Also got to shave some off the engine support bar as it's pretty close to the floor already.

I've also decided to sell the roofrack and a few accessories i've been saving as i dont think my bus needs any of them, i just want it minimal, so check out my for sale thread 8)

nnneewwwoonneess151.jpg

nnneewwwoonneess153.jpg

nnneewwwoonneess156.jpg

nnneewwwoonneess155.jpg

nnneewwwoonneess159.jpg

How the rear bumper looks now after i got all the repaint off
nnneewwwoonneess160.jpg

nnneewwwoonneess162.jpg

nnneewwwoonneess163.jpg

Engine support bar is pretty close to the floor :roll:
nnneewwwoonneess168.jpg

The cool original dealer badge, the garage is still going too :shock:
nnneewwwoonneess185.jpg

Hope you like it, Paul

Looks real nice mate , was never a big fan of Eagles but they look dope on your bus 8)

Thanks for the positive comments guys 8)
glad you like it

I've decided to sell the rear bumper now so if anyones interested i can post or take to dubfeeze

paul 8)

Yeah mate they are the new ones
the casting is better and the polishing is better but im not as keen on the caps
i'll get some of the old style ones at some point

paul 8)

resto73 said:
Yeah mate they are the new ones
the casting is better and the polishing is better but im not as keen on the caps
i'll get some of the old style ones at some point

paul 8)

I quite like the new caps! The old ones were just a sticker? These seem to be engraved?

I had some American Eagles on my old 65 beetle. Very nice wheels.

May swap my fuch for some of these eventually :mrgreen:

Latest posts