71 Devon, road to recovery! *UPDATED*

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Htotheunit

Reaction score
Well after a fight with a pickup truck BUE needed major plastic surgery.. here is her story, in pictures hopefully from start to finish (well as often as i can visit the garage)

she had a brawl with a pick up truck.. it hurt her face, but thankfully it didn't break any lights, or windscreen!

IMAGE_00539.jpg

Bue wishes she was pretty, like before, but better! and i decided to aim for her to look like this...

bue2.jpg

Off she goes, to the garage for her face lift, but i took two pictures, to compare the 'new' bue to the old once shes done

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

Work to be undertaken:

-New front panel, and straightening of the fresh air boxes
-lower sliding door panel, get rid of that old bodge!
-front beam ajusters and a spine down at the back
-put on some old school white weller wheels!

Off with her head!

Unfortunately i bent the inner panel, so that has to be bent back into shape, and some rust repaired

IMG_2016.jpg

I cant afford a full re-spray, but i can trust myself with a few, look good from 10 feet rust repair jobs (rust isn't bad enough to weld) so the paint shops sorting me out a liter or two of surplus paint :D

More will follow soon :D

I saw it the other day looking all sad, tucked away in the corner.
It will look much better in no time
:D

jenna_uk22 said:
aww poor Bue all faceless :( how long you think she's gonna be in for?

around 2 weeks, but im on holiday in the snow next week, so i wont need her anyway =)

ooo you going boarding? i'm going in about 6 weeks... so excited!!! :D

you think she'l be coming to the next Hubba Dubba meet? tis on the 18th

Went down to visit BUE today, as she is back from having a re spray (i decided to get one in the end)

I must say they have done an absolutely amazing job on her, they even did my wheel arches! she looks perfect!

DSCF0954.jpg

DSCF0955.jpg

Is it even the same van? :lol:

Not too long before she's back on the road, in pristine condition!.. well after a tickle with the lowering stick 8)

Sweeet dude.
Have you got it back yet?
I got mine lowered their. It's a tad lower than that yellow bay in the back yard.

rob-stone said:
Sweeet dude.
Have you got it back yet?
I got mine lowered their. It's a tad lower than that yellow bay in the back yard.

nope, needa all the lights etc fitted and then its getting lowered =)