72 Sierrayellow Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening guys!

Modified dropped spindles are off for powder coating!

P2053273_zpsqggwryz6.jpg

P2053278_zps5xvcvmyc.jpg

P2053269_zpsojpte8w1.jpg

Cheers
Reto

Hi guys!
Thanks for 10'000 hits! :party0009: :rocknroll:

I got my dropped spindles back from powder coating!
P2133280_zpsitijugld.jpg

And here you see the difference between the original and the dropped ones.
P2203268_zpsc5nujdkf.jpg

If everything goes well, the bus will be back again on all 4 wheels on saturday afternoon! :anim_19:

My little safe is in. Ready for holiday!
P2213281_zpswwfmaykh.jpg

P2213280_zps5usumriv.jpg

And my reading lights are working like they should.
P2073341_zpscegxadvy.jpg

I made a special holder for the electrical main switch and the fuse box. For the moment only the reading lights are connected over the fuse box.
P1233266_zpsv5ciyo5u.jpg

And finally installed...
P2053283_zpsddle20of.jpg

Front and rear lights are working! The license plate light needs a new bulb...
P2053295_zps03t6447y.jpg

P2053293_zpsrj3bukhn.jpg

I got still some troubles with the horn. It works when it doesn't should and the other way around! :lol: Do you have some good ideas and tips for this problem?

Thanks and best regards
Reto

Wow this looks amazing, come to Spain and do mine for me :lol:

Regarding the horn, I might be wrong and/or pointing out the obvious but from memory I believe it's always live and comes on when earthed? Not sure if that's what you mean tho.

Live to the tab at the bottom of the outer steering column and the earth runs up through the inner steering rack to the steering wheel.
Check the bottom of the column to make sure it's not earthing out where it meets the plastic round bit which is to isolate the outer column.
Also check the ring at the horn and make sure the springs are good and it's not possibly earthing through a weak area there as that's how the horn should work, by making an earth when the horn button is pressed down completing the circuit.

Can you tell that's what I've just been doing to mine before its mot? :lol:

Also, for the record, I gave up and rewired it to a chrome button on the dash :msn4: :msn4:

bertiethebus said:
Live to the tab at the bottom of the outer steering column and the earth runs up through the inner steering rack to the steering wheel.
Check the bottom of the column to make sure it's not earthing out where it meets the plastic round bit which is to isolate the outer column.
Also check the ring at the horn and make sure the springs are good and it's not possibly earthing through a weak area there as that's how the horn should work, by making an earth when the horn button is pressed down completing the circuit.

Can you tell that's what I've just been doing to mine before its mot? :lol:

Also, for the record, I gave up and rewired it to a chrome button on the dash :msn4: :msn4:

Thanks for the advices! They're very helpful! Hope I can fix this problem next weekend!
Best regards
Reto

Hi guys...

I had some really productive days in the garage! After some small problems with my dropped spindles they're finally mounted on the bus!
P3053279_zpsajgjziwq.jpg

P3053287_zpsbojtbd7u.jpg

P3053288_zpssu3tnlnp.jpg

P3053285_zps7d8yriu2.jpg

I had modified the shifting rod that I will have the full range from the adjusters. So I can go from original high to low, lower... :D
P3053290_zpsgmkkadld.jpg

And after a long time on the lifter, the bus was back on all 4 wheels!!! :) :)
P3053295_zps9qg5c2r2.jpg

Roof up!
P3053299_zpsyqmnkedk.jpg

Have a nice sunday!
Reto

Off to the Volksworld-Show! :party0003:
Sam and snowman, I will give you a pm after the show! :D
Have a nice weekend everybody!
Cheers
Reto

Hi guys!
Out in the sun after a long time... :) I've still some work to do. Hope the bus will be finished by the beginning of june!
P4243291_zpsk6lqxquv.jpg

Have a nice evening!
Reto

Just read through your post..Nice work!!

I have a 68 Kombi named Ziggy that is getting a lot of work done, hopefully to the high standards of yours!!

Hello from Canada eh!!

Bruce

Myvanway said:
Hope get to look around your bus at Spa maybe?

8)

Me and my girlfriend are planning our trip to norway this summer. It could be possible that we will be in the north at the time from spa... :? But perhaps next year! What it is with the Das Drag Day in Bitburg? Nothing for you?
Best regards
Reto

Thanks for the kind words everybody! Now it's time for the MOT. 14th of june will be the big day! ;) You couldn't imagine the problems you have in Switzerland with a car which isn't original for the MOT. The lowering is really mild on my bus, but still too low for the Swiss technical control... Absolutely incredible... You need 350mm from the wheel arch to the middle of the wheel... I only can say...:fyou:
Sorry guys, but that gets on my nerves!

Now I'm feeling better! :lol:

Some small update on the bus...An tribute to my second lovely hobby, windsurfing!
P5223273_zpscs8cfh2h.jpg

The Surffalia is born! :)

Have a nice evening!
Regards from Switzerland
Reto

Latest posts