A big Baydreamers Thank you!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carole

Reaction score
After much thought and debate, I've now closed the Baydreamers shop down :( :(

Unfortunately due to the poor US exchange rate, increased ebay/paypal fees, poor trade rates for us smaller traders, and the fact that people just aren't buying as much shiney stuff for their buses anymore (me included....!) in the end I found to my dismay that I was generally breaking even, but increasingly losing money, so a bit pointless really :roll:

As I work full time Baydreamers was always a hobby that I loved to do in my spare time, and helped towards the upkeep of my buses, which as we all know ain't a cheap pastime.... :lol:

So, a very big THANK YOU to all the EB forum users, you were always my best customers, and I've made some great friends on here too, always a bonus!

I've put the last bits and bobs of stock in the 'for sale' section, so have a look and see if there is anything there you may need. All at good prices for you guys :D

I look forward to continued forum fun in the future....... :D :D ;)

Many thanks again all.

Cheers, Carole xx

Sorry to hear that you've wound things down Carole - I was always tempted by one of your glovebox lids!!

Great to hear that you'll be hanging around though!!

;)

carole said:
After much thought and debate, I've now closed the Baydreamers shop down :( :(

:shock: Sorry to hear this, you offered a good honest service.

Thats a shame Carole,but needs must and all that.
Do you still have that lovely crew cab or did you get something else now.I thought you where getting another camper project?

Hi!

It's a real shame you are closing, i have used you a few times, always good service and products. Maybe you'll still keep your contacts and if things pick up with the sterling, could always give it another bash?

Good luck, and all the best!

Alistair

Guys...... :oops: :oops:

you really are too kind...... :roll:

Thankyou for all your kind words, it's good to know that I was able to help some of you out in some way, however small. But the reality is that things have changed. The VW scene is huge, almost out of control IMHO at times, and there are a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon. Lets just hope that it doesn't get out of control and we don't lose that closeness/friendliness that the VW scene has always had. Much more choice for the punters which is great, but most of the traders I know have noticed a distinct drop in sales over the last year. But hey, it was fun while it lasted..... :D :D

And vwaircooled, the crewie is long gone..... :cry: what a cracking bus that was! Now residing in Denmark. It was just too nice for me, I like to have a bus I can tinker with, and you can't beat a camper so we moved it on. We've currently got a 67 splittie (sorry guys....) which has had shed loads done to it; new interior, engine etc etc..... :roll: do we ever learn..... :lol:

Alistair, never say never............who knows what's around the corner :?:

Cheers guys.....

really sorry to hear that Carole ... still good to have given it a go - I know ive tried ! (not in the VW world yet though !)

I wish you all the best carole and hope the dollar/pound goes back in your favour again...

If you don't try you never know Carole and you always gain something by giving it a go :D and good luck to you with your splittie 8)

Latest posts