And i still want to go lower...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddie

Reaction score
Current pictures of my early Dormobile....

Next plan is dropped spindles, a narrow beam and another spline at the rear!!!

P2150157.jpg

P2150158.jpg

8)

That is looking real 8) . To go down any more at the back I think you will need to do some serious work on the chassis, bump stop mounts and engine bar. The dropped spindles are a good idea to make the ride more comfortable, especially if you are just on adjusters on Ball joints! Also IMO I would only narrow it if you are fitting aftermarket alloys, it just looks so nice as it is.

Keep up the good work.

Jon

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Yes, i dont want to go stupidly narrow, maybe 4 inch? Or is that stupidly narrow? :lol:

The back could probably go down another inch id say, but definatly need some shorter shocks as its already hitting the bump stops sometimes, and they are so trimmed down already they are nearly non existant!

Lowering wise im embarased to say its just been cut and welded on the lowest possible setting with new shocks!

My beam is pretty trashed due to the exsesive cutting and welding, but im hoping to buy a new beam when i can afford a nice narrow one :)

Also want a few more bits, maybe a side step (altho will probably scrape along the floor) and a few spotlights for the side. My current single glass pack exhaust is probably the biggest waste of £60 i have ever spent as its already rusted to peices and has several air leaks resulting in VERY loud backfire's and an engine sounding like a tractor!!!!

Freddie

mginty said:
Hi Freddie,
Van is looking sweet! Just wondered what rubber (size and make if poss) you've got on as I'm looking for a similar look (tho maybe not quite as low!)

Cheers

Thanks, i have 185/55's on the front, i am unsure what make they are, only some cheep make, i reckon they say Mohawk on the side, maybe thats the make :lol: They were only about £40 each.

Freddie

steve92 said:
your bus looks great as it is imo. saw it in the carpark at the freeze. looks awesome mate! :D

Thanks mate :)

Dont have that many plans for it now, need to fit the side step i bought at dubfreeze and the raydyon spotlights :)

Latest posts