Anybody stored/worked on a van in a shipping container?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yackaboo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm planning ahead a bit because my van is at the welders at the moment, but at some time when the work is done I need somewhere to keep it and work on it.
Where I live storage/ garages are like hens teeth but there is a place that rents out shipping containers for storage.

Anybody gone down this route for keeping and working on a van ???

Cheers

Mike

Should help :D

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46631&hilit=Shipping+container" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The biggest thing to think about is condensation in them :?

mines been in an ex army tent for the last year and a half. cost about 600 notes with a brand new liner in it. it is very warm with a heater on when your working and it looks like a scene from mash round the back of my lock up. :D

before we fell lucky with a small unit, we were considering using storage/shipping container....the problem is to work on the bus you've got to push it out, then push it back in again...room is very limited, also lighting is a thing to consider...the biggest put off though was the fact that as a storage/shipping container someone can put container on lorry with your pride and joy inside. this should be a case of severe desperation to use one of these..these are only a few of things that went through my mind... just a few things to think about before you jump in there. hope this helps,,,,:eek:)

I used to store my bus in a shipping container as i couldn't find an alternative at the time. I'd say you'd be pushed to actually work on a bus in one. Tight enough getting in and out!

I kept a couple of desiccant poles inside to manage the condensation, but it's not ideal.

Cheers

Matt

Are those popup garages any use? I see machinemart are selling them. Could be worth a look? (not to buy of course as I am sure they are on the more expensive side!)

Latest posts