Anyone help with measurements?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbear

Reaction score
Hi all, following up on the speedi sleeve topic from the technical forum , can anyone help out with measurements of the crank shaft in order for me to order a speedi sleeve before removing my engine?

Cheers , Brett.

The rear oil seal does not have contact with the crankshaft ,the fit is between the case and the flywheel.

Ps dont forget to change the flywheel O ring as this can also leak and look like its coming from rear seal.

So is the speedo sleeve route a complete waste of time? I changed my rear main aswell as the o ring roughly two year ago, it's never been completely sealed.

Bigbear said:
So is the speedo sleeve route a complete waste of time? I changed my rear main aswell as the o ring roughly two year ago, it's never been completely sealed.

Just done mine and got the engine back in this morning, so annoing as the clutch was like new,I looked into the speedy sleeve thingy to but didn't bother as I wasn't sure it was a gimmick or not
Removed the tank and replaced all rubbers while the engine was out.
One job always leads to another.

Hoping to get my engine out Tomorrow, I need to replace my fuel sender unit so il replace all the rubbers whilst I'm there, when fitting the rear main seal did you leave it flush or tap it all the way home? I really want to get rid of the annoying drip so I want to make sure it's right this time.

Latest posts