Arguing a Cat B write off?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the latest ploy by the insurance company to not pay me is they have said it was not insured as 'agreed value' because photo's were not sent in, despite taking the money for agreed value, they are only offering £6,700 after buying her back :(

Adrian Flux are F%$*ing a*seholes!!!!!!

Flux - well you must have read some of the hundreds of negative comments ref their service???
Would never ever ever use them myself. Fingers crossed you can convince them to increase their offer.
Terrible terrible horrible insurance company who will do almost anything to get out of paying.

That's the conditions of their insurance cover, why would they give you more than you insured it for? I've forgotten to send photos and driven knowing I wouldn't get paid out its true value, just never got round to it. Looking at your van £6700 will fix it so it's not bad, you could have ended up with no van

I would never have used Adrian Flux but they were the only company that would insure my nipper under 25 (who I gave my bus to after his brother died to cheer him up) I have spoken to the insurance ombudsman this morning and they have agreed to take on my case, really helpful people and will be dealing with both Adrian Flux and Ageas.

Glad you've got a partially good outcome and it can be saved from the crusher. :)

Unfortunately even if you paid extra for agreed value its still insured at market value until after they've agreed on the value which could take them weeks.
I'm still waiting for JK to sort out my agreed valuation after it was all sent in on 23rd May. I phoned up 2 weeks later and they hadn't even sent the info to the valuation team by then. :roll:

It is a potential minefield, I have mine insured on with admiral who only accept 8 pictures for the valuation. I sent the whole build in a PDF format, so they could see the amount of work that had been done.
They acknowledged the fact but maintained that they could only accept 8 pictures (4 External, 3 Internal and 1 Engine Bay).
They accepted my valuation on the form no problem, but I do wonder/worry what would be the outcome in a similar situation to yourself.
I hope you're able to get sorted, as I'm sure all you want to do is put the van right for your own enjoyment [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent my AV documents in a few months late but after 3 weeks I rang up asking what was happening. They had paused my application for AV as they needed a camper interior shot but hadn't thought of making any attempt to contact me!

Sorted now but you do have to give them a kick

Webbaldo said:
I sent my AV documents in a few months late but after 3 weeks I rang up asking what was happening. They had paused my application for AV as they needed a camper interior shot but hadn't thought of making any attempt to contact me!

Sorted now but you do have to give them a kick

Can I ask who you were insused with, they never paused it or sent alerts like last year just kept tasking the money

Just Kampers insurance (herts).

If you use the same insurance company for a 2nd year ive always had to do the whole AV thing again, as its always ends up being a different insurer. (same herts broker, different insurer)

Latest posts