AS21 Engine case

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caesar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hiya all

Im planning to build myself a new engine, just for the experience more than anything else.

Ive been offered a good AS21 case but was hoping to get something like 1835cc or 1914cc from it

Is this possible from an AS21 case? I.e. Are there any limitations as to what i can and can't do?

Thanks

M

http://www.geneberg.com/cat.php?name=Technical%20Information&cPath=2984" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the link Aaron - really useful to know. I'll never look at a reconditioned engine without a new case in the same way.

You might want to get a new case soon. New VW factory price is over $600 at the factory! Also, if your used case is a good one it may be better than a new one unless the seller has checked that the cam/crank tunnels are aligned - strangely VW don't seem to care about spec anymore! We reject upwards of 75% of the new ones we get. There are several people in the U.S gearing up to make performance mag cases, and the last price estimate was $500. As long as the machining and materials are good, it may be the end of the factory case.

Al

Latest posts