Best Distributor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CornishSilver

Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations for my set up please. I'm currently running a 1776 with twin drlas 36, 110 cam. My dizzy could do with upgrading but unsure what to go for.. I have been looking at the ignitors and 123's.........what would you get?

ive been running an accuspark device on stock dizzys, both genuine bosch, i have a 1600tp with twin 36 webbers and a SVDA bosch dizzy in my bus, and a 2332, twin 48s with a 009 in my Vert.
if your looking for a cheaper solution.

i have had no issues in 4 years.

I've fitted a Aldon Amethyst ignition unit to my bus recently, which allows you to input your own vac and mechanical advance curves, and can be fired via points or accuspark etc units.
Not tested it on the running engine yet, because I'm waiting on my gearbox being rebuilt. But it appears to be a good piece of kit for the money, being similar to the 123 tune but without the £360 price tag!

For the money of the 123 tune (which I know you haven't mentioned but worth noting), you can pretty much go crank fired with Nodiz or Megajolt systems.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift 2 using Tapatalk

From personal experience I can't fault a 123.
Had issues with all 4 Accuspark/Petronix distributors I had, the advance curve fluctuated all the way through the rev range. Couldn't get a consistent run on the rolling road.

Thanks for the feedback guys, very helpful:)

sparkywig said:
From personal experience I can't fault a 123.
Had issues with all 4 Accuspark/Petronix distributors I had, the advance curve fluctuated all the way through the rev range. Couldn't get a consistent run on the rolling road.

Interesting, I wonder if you were very unlucky or Johnny very lucky..... None the less I like the idea of the 123 and your post has instilled confidence. Out of interest Sparky what coil have you paired it with? Should have said in my O/P that I was looking at the Vac adv one. Cheerrs

I use and supply the 123 ignitions, I use them on all of my engine builds with no problems, the ideal one for you is £280.00, 009 are good if you can find one that's not too worn out, it still then needs electronic unit fitting but lacks the vac unit ideally suited to vans.
PM me if you need any more info.
Cheers
Dan.

Latest posts