Best tablet ? And best software help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't all the same software available on PC (I assume you're talking mainly adobe stuff) Speed, for the same cash you would get a far quicker PC. Ease of use, subjective I guess but I don't think a PC is particularly difficult or a mac any easier to use. If it's the same software the interface is going to be pretty much identical between the two versions.

Still not convinced me :)

myvanway 69 said:
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note after owning an Iphone 4............................The camera is good!!!!!!! ;) :msn4:

Ha! Careful there you'll be burning your apple gear next!

Yourself as everyone are entitled to your opinion, and if we all liked and used the same gear, there would be no need for debate and it would be a boring place......Brother!!!! ;) :lol:

'U wanner fight im not affraid!!' :lol:
th-1.jpg

Oh and it is just the camera that is any good!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

67westy said:
Isn't all the same software available on PC (I assume you're talking mainly adobe stuff) Speed, for the same cash you would get a far quicker PC. Ease of use, subjective I guess but I don't think a PC is particularly difficult or a mac any easier to use. If it's the same software the interface is going to be pretty much identical between the two versions.

Still not convinced me :)

Ask all the designers round the world. :fighting0040: :lol:

myvanway 69 said:
crede999 said:
iPad it is then

Sketchbook pro ill look at and all the other stuff thanks for all your help mywayvan ;) and 67 westy thanks for an alternative food for thought which is what I wanted :)

Right now to find a iPad 3 at a low price :msn4:

Chris

Right choice.....and its Myvanway!! :lol: Gringo!!!! :lol:

Ha ha mywayvan ha ha I must of thought you were Geordie :lol:

Muchus grazias

Chris

67westy said:
Yup used them many a time and can't see any good reason to pay the premium. A lot of people I know have bought macs and then just load windows on them. Can't understand any of the performance arguments now that they are just the same Intel chips you are paying more for the same hardware as a standard pc.

IPads have a significant premium over a similay specced android tablet and you end up paying significantly more for the apps. Each to their own though!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I use a macbook pro as my work and private machine, i have a windows partion on it. But it allows me to keep my work seperate. Plus i use visio a lot for architectual diagrams...

iPads and premium, you get what you pay for and the support you getbfrom apple is worth the premiumalone imho

myvanway 69 said:
Ask all the designers round the world. :fighting0040: :lol:
:lol: I think it's more historic reasons these days, it's what has been used for years so must be the best! Years ago the performance difference was there as different architectures were used but I think it's people stuck in their ways now :)

The only argument I have heard that I can't find fault with is "Look how shiny it is". You can't knock their design but the premium that comes with it and the apple walled garden is too much for me. Maybe that's why designers like them, because they are pretty :lol: As a developer I like to have the control to do what I want with my hardware.

Marriedblonde said:
iPads and premium, you get what you pay for and the support you getbfrom apple is worth the premiumalone imho

Spec and performance wise you get less, I've heard about their "geniuses" :lol: I've not heard of anything above and beyond the support from other companies.

Any how like myvanway said each to their own. You'll never convince me they offer anything like value for money and I don't think I'm likely to convince (m)any people too see past the shininess :lol:

67westy said:
Spec and performance wise you get less, I've heard about their "geniuses" :lol: I've not heard of anything above and beyond the support from other companies.

Any how like myvanway said each to their own. You'll never convince me they offer anything like value for money and I don't think I'm likely to convince (m)any people too see past the shininess :lol:

They do look nice and shiny :)

crede999 said:
iPad it is then

Sketchbook pro ill look at and all the other stuff thanks for all your help mywayvan ;) and 67 westy thanks for an alternative food for thought which is what I wanted :)

Chris

Chris

Coming up is the American Black Friday where there is a big discount day to launch the Christmas shopping season, Apple did 10% off last year which is as good as you'll get on current range apple stuff. I got my daughters that day last year .

Clem said:
crede999 said:
iPad it is then

Chris

Chris

Coming up is the American Black Friday where there is a big discount day to launch the Christmas shopping season, Apple did 10% off last year which is as good as you'll get on current range apple stuff. I got my daughters that day last year .

Thanks mike nice heads up :D

Chris

I recommend an app called Idraw for the iPad (might be available on other platforms, not sure). It's a fantastic app, has some great features on it and most importantly you can save your files as .svg files which can then be bought into the professional vector drawing software Adobe Illustrator. In actual fact it has a lot of the basic stuff that Illustrator has. I've also seen some great animation based apps for the iPad, not bought any yet, but I'm sure there are reviews for these things dotted around on the Internet.

Although pricey, I would recommend going with the iPad, simply because, those designing apps for creativity would naturally think of the iPad as first port of call, and therefore you will have a greater choice of apps for animation, illustration etc.

To help answer some of the debate about why design is usually done on a Mac....
I've been a graphic designer for nearly twenty years and have used Macs since the beginning, this is because Macs were at the forefront of technology for the creative industry.

Up until recently the operating systems on Macs and PC's were very different. The Mac has always been intuitive, with the operating system set out in a very logical way. It is also easy on the eye and brain. Windows however, was an ugly, cumbersome and non-intuitive operating system, which for designers, was simply too frustrating to use.

Nowadays, Windows has emulated the Original Mac OS so much that they share a very similar look and feel. But the creative industry as a whole have stayed with Macs, because we know the OS so well, and it suits our way of thinking. Creative people generally, get urked by ugly things, and Windows has traditionally been an ugly and cumbersome system. Mac OS just worked very intuitively because it was created with an understanding of how their core users used their brain. We wanted sheer simplicity to allow all our time to do the creative stuff, not the functional stuff!

I know PCs have come a long way to become more user friendly and have many strengths. Most people in their day to day work just prefer what they are used to using. They already know their way around the system. Designers, generally speaking, just have an affinity with the Mac OS and feel very uncomfortable using Windows.

So there you go, my two penneth worth ;)

clyde said:
Best tablets

My fav used to be doves but these days I'm more of a brufen type guy.

Hahahaha. :lol: That was my first thought when I read the thread title.

Great days! 8) :shock:

Clem said:
crede999 said:
iPad it is then

Chris

Chris

Got a friend going to USA next sat so there going to pick us a 32gb. iPad 3 up ( £370) woop woop from the apple shop .., and apparently if you buy at midnight you get a extra 5% off plus the Black Friday discount :shock:

It's £370 if I bought one today ill post up how much it was when she gets back

Happy days :D

Chris

Full time students ( or those at university) can get 15% off in all Apple stores I'm told.

Just to throw my 2p in. I bought a MacBook 5 years ago. I have upgraded the os as each new version has been released. I have not installed from scratch, just an in place upgrade. It's as good today as it was 5 years ago. My dell laptop has had to be rebuilt 3 times during the same period. That just the windows architecture it's always been poorly thought out.

Granted with apple you pay for design and good design lasts. 5 year old laptops look crap 5 year old macs look awesome.
Apple software, in general is a fraction of the cost of microsofts offerings. iWork is about 60 or 70 quid, the equivalent office product is 3 or 4 times that.

Some times the adage you get what you pay for is right, with apple the design, system architecture and os work seemlesley, with Microsoft products are getting better at working seemlesley but it ain't great and you pay for the privilege many times over.

Latest posts