Diary of a virgin (engine rebuilder) - still signs of leaking..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I managed to get some permatex, so I think I will break the engine down again and attempt to reseal it this time with no leaks...

Well I got the engine built and in. It's done over 500 miles now, pulls strong and runs well. A slight concern (being over paranoid) about it running hot, but took it to a garage to get the fuel/air analyser put up the exhaust to see what that was saying and it was ok.

Engine is leaking a bit of oil fromt he usual places such as the sump plate and I have a bit of oil coming from the main oil seal I think as there is oil down that end of the case. No slipping clutch though. Will stay as it is for now and try to get 1,000 miles on it by this autumn/winter and then pull the engine then to have a look and check the case nut torque etc.. while I'm at it.

I will do a write-up of it at some point, got loads of pics, but when the site was having issues in January I got out the habit of writing them up unfortunately.

Latest posts