Big Red & Seirra Yell-Low! A Classic adventure

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we left....... Although it was 16 and a half hours late. We had to sew Geoffs interior and install my highroof and interior panels. We had a couple of little tweaks and all is good now. Well drop a few pics when we get some.

Glad the waggons are rolling - so looking forward to the pics and updates :mrgreen:

Ok guys, were sitting on the patio at sharkeez in Newport beach havin beers and chips n salsa. It was a long drive and we got here around 1 am last night. We have a bunch of photos to post but were having some trouble hosting them. Well get it figured out asap, no probs on the way here and just over 1400 miles so far.

Here's a few that I took at the show:

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

The buses look great!

leep, thanks for posting those pic's.
I guess we were out n the swap when you came by. Will you be at the Classic? if so make sure to say hi!

I just spent the past hour at the apple store getting confused setting up my ipad but I thing we are getting close to posting pics. Here is a bad quality one that I took on the way in between Sacramento and LA. Later today I hope to be able to download pics of my camera.

Buses are running great with only minor adjustments along the way.
web.jpg

Here it goes with an update. The day after Sacramento, the real "Hotel Sierra"
ee61752d.png

The Yell-Low out for an ice stop
afd62304.png

The buses at Newport beach.
6b47b211.png

.I will try to post a bunch of pics of our stops later today, we have been out for some parts hunts and some shop tours and have picked up some good scores.

No NOS parts yet! Pomona swap meet is just a day away so you never know. I did find inner jalious window seals, continental upper bed for my westy. 010 and 019 dist, 68 only rear view mirror, z bed hinges for reg bus rear seat, upper seat belt mount covers, 68 only wiper armsand a few other parts. Richard got a good haul of parts as well. We were there for 6 hours and saw just a fraction of what's there. He's a very nice guy and if you ask he may let you have free reign in the yard like us. He ships tons to the uk all the time.
His back rooms are full of parts, it just makes your head spin... Were going back for more next week!

Pics coming of the yard and parts

Here are a few pictures of yesterday's travels.
Here is where your parts come from at Wolfsburg West
0ab8c611.png

And the Mecca of a VW wrecking yard, Interstate VW in Lake Elsinore
1c5f1062.png

1b6cea6a.png

06d5e4e8.png

b0e31885.png

14cad2b4.png

Here are a few more from Interstate VW.
Need a front bumper end or 20?
b7798190.png

Pick your bus!
9c812dab.png

6eb83333.png

One nasty high roof!
2f9ec6f0.png

And a few rolling shots
e3efa762.png

2a0b3fbd.png

403dcea8.png

c691dd18.png

And a to end the day a bay window view
8d7899db.png

So spoilt with all that cool second-hand stuff just waiting to be picked 8)

Great story so far boys - keep it up :mrgreen:

Latest posts