bwa monster engine build?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bambam

Reaction score
Hello, I want to build a monster of an engine for me bus...want to spin and smoke wheels and sh.t on boy racers scare the kids and wife ... But here is the fun bit want to build it myself i need to know where the best place to find the bits turbo,injectors,ecu :evil: :evil: also appreciate will have to tickle the box what?how? by the time i have finished i want to have a sticker on the bus saying bwa :lol: :lol:

WELL HOPE YOU HAVE A LARGE WALLET :msn4: its cost us 3k in bits with used case and allready had p and bs.this is ""full race"1900ccs for the drag beep.worth giving stateside tuning a ring .we got all our bits from him and he is very helpfull with advice (but he wont suffer fools so be warned )you need to be realistic about what you can afford against reliability,you wont want to be rebuilding twice a year cos bits have worn ect.also budget for gearbox cos a stock one wont cut it!!!!thought about a type 4 engine ,stateside specalise in these 2.6litre :shock: or just get scooby motor 300+ponies cheaper £/horsepower.

Yes thought about cost and thought about subaru engine i did fancy a twin turbo subaru but have not seen one or even know what the fitting would be like in the van... still considering my options i looked on american sites for engine comp costs but they are not that much diff from uk .......I am open to ideas

here we go just been offered a 3.3 litre subaru complete car running with 4th gear problem my question is will it fit its the 6 cylider non turbo :lol: :lol: any ideas on gearbox

i will look on a t3 web site and see if any of the square drivers have posted any pictures

bwa is for splits,

USB is for Bays ;)

http://www.ultimatestreetbays.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It'll fit if you want it to ;-)
Or if you go for a turbo go 2lt sti not twin turbo rubbish that is a nightmare to get sorted, check out my thread but whatever way you go you'l need a big budget :)

I'm going for a 2.2 Subaru nothing flash just to make my bus more usable

I went for the 2.2 for the torque and reliability and still good mpg

If i am correct the subaru 3.3l is around 250 bhp that should liven the old beast up a bit i am going to see the motor thurs to get the engine measurements etc

Did you speak to the guys rjes also Tsr engine conversions they both have different ways of doing it

bambam said:
If i am correct the subaru 3.3l is around 250 bhp that should liven the old beast up a bit i am going to see the motor thurs to get the engine measurements etc

dont forget you will want to pretty much double your budget if you want to be able to stop that lump without the aid of a wall. :msn4:

hay great web site link i will give them a call when i get a mo . the site should make the conversion easier as for stopping the thing ha ha I laugh at danger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts