Con-Rods Small End Bush

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
I am in the middle of a slow engine rebuild (the engine isn't slow, the rebuild is :lol: ) and I am wondering if it is worth replacing the Small End Bush on the Con-Rods?

J11034-0_4.jpg

I have read that you need to get them pressed and honed-in properly, so it will need to be done by an engine machine shop.

There does not seem to be any major play in them, but I will be replacing the Gudgeon Pins as they are a bit easier to do.

What are your thoughts, is it worth paying out for the extra work or is it rare for them to wear significantly enough to cause an issue?

Never mind, I think I am going to get them installed by an engine shop as it would be a massive shame to put the engine together with the time and expense needed, then have running issues caused by one set of components.

Hopefully it will not cost too much.

Basically with little ends, the wrist pin should be a slide fit with zero play.. Any kind of movement and they need replacing

Paul Weeding said:
Basically with little ends, the wrist pin should be a slide fit with zero play.. Any kind of movement and they need replacing

Thank for the advice, will keep this in mind when rebuilding.

Latest posts