EB Technical Weekend v2 - SEE NEW STICKY AT THE TOP

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
OK guys as a follow up to the original thread see here http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10961&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=EB+Technical+Weekend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I know its short notice but I've managed to chat to the Landlord and he is quite happy to have a few campers around for the weekend and was quite cool about the whole thing.

So if people are still interested I can make the unit available over the weekend of the 14th/15th March at our storage unit bear Tamworth (10 mins off Jcn 10 on the M42 or about 5mins off Jcn 9 of the M42)

I think we need to restrict the items covered to:

Routine Maintenance, servicing etc
Replacing Fuel Lines
Electrical, hooking up a leisure battery etc, using a multimeter
Suspension set ups

In order to cover these I ideally need someone to demonstrate each area on either their own bus or one of the visitors buses so as well as looking for who wants to come I'm also looking for whose prepared to demonstrate these.

So I need a list of who is still up for this and what do you want to learn, no welding or spraying I'm afraid as too many other buses around.

With regards to camping their is a choice of 2 sites within approx 6 miles so we could head there once it gets dark on the Saturday evening have a few beers etc and generally chill out, come back to the unit on the Sunday morning for a couple of hours and then head off just after lunch. If I know the numbers I'm happy to supply a buffet type lunch on both days if people make a donation.

Campsites close by are these:
http://www.mypage2000.com/MARSTON/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/details.aspx?id=8120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know what you think, if its too short a notice then I understand and I'll rearrange it for later on in April or May

Please form an orderly queue below with what you want to learn/can teach

well done graham, the scene needs just this sort of thing..no doubt i won`t make as i`ll be 10 000kms away but i wish you well and hope people step up :wink:

Nice one fella,

I should be able to be there on at least one day, and can help with routine engine servicing, timing, replacing fuel lines etc etc.

;)

If anyone wants to say 'I want this done to my bus' then we can provide a shopping list of service parts etc for the person to buy beforehand :)

Deadly silence from the masses which is not a good sign, on the original post 16 people expressed interest.

Extra attraction now is that Ant will come along and whitewall your wheels (for a cost of course), trying to get him to bring Frank along as well if he's on the road so we can see his shiny front Red 9 Beam set up :D :D

Any chance of a sticky on this thread mods :?:

Morning Graham
Definately still up for this - and thanks again for chasing your landlord. Basics are great for me, and if one of the 'knowledgable' ones happens to have the engine compartment fire extinguisher system fitted that will be a bit of a bonus
David

Graham L said:
Deadly silence from the masses which is not a good sign, on the original post 16 people expressed interest.

Extra attraction now is that Ant will come along and whitewall your wheels (for a cost of course), trying to get him to bring Frank along as well if he's on the road so we can see his shiny front Red 9 Beam set up :D :D

Any chance of a sticky on this thread mods :?:

David

I've got a feeling that Jim (tofufi) has an extinguisher fitted to his bus, may be wrong though :?: :?:

Anything particular you are keen on learning and are you planning to stay over or just do a day?

Hey Graham,
I'm interested in this, I wont have my bus though as it's going down to Airkraft. Is this a problem?
I have very little knowledge so would value any help regarding servicing etc.
Thanks
Simon

Looking at the topics
Routine Maintenance, servicing etc
Replacing Fuel Lines
Electrical, hooking up a leisure battery etc, using a multimeter
Suspension set ups

Routine servicing, electrical, hooking up a leisure battery are the main things.
My bus is in the workshop on Monday and I'm asking them to change the fuel lines then as the engine has probably got to come out. Suspension will be of some interest, but only how to make a 'stock' set up ride better/more comfortable as I'm not lowering the new westy

Plus as I said a look at the fire extinguisher set up

Depending on how the day is programmed, more than happy to camp over night - it will be it's first outing! More than happy to chip in with contribution to costs

David

Graham L said:
David

I've got a feeling that Jim (tofufi) has an extinguisher fitted to his bus, may be wrong though :?: :?:

Anything particular you are keen on learning and are you planning to stay over or just do a day?

Sorry dude, cant make on these dates, got to work (again :fighting0028: )
Maybe if there is another 1 later in the year i can come.
On another note i should be at Bustypes :party0049:

Graham L said:

I do indeed.

I will only be able to do a day I expect, but I can be there pretty early :)

I never notice 'sticky' threads... I only spotted this one thanks to the link from the original thread.

I'm not sure on these dates yet,it clashes with 2 family birthdays and I still need to get my DOormy MOT'd.I'll need a week or so to be sure.

I'm probably bailing on this got too much still to do on my bus and summer is approaching alarmingly fast....

still without a van, but seeing as this is in my neck of the woods it would be cool to drop by and put faces to names. Be nice to see your vans in the flesh too. would this be ok graham?

I'm still interested, but need the wife to get some shifts changed so she can look after the kids. If we're going to be playing with multimeters, maybe somebody can help diagnose the short in my dash that (I think) is stopping the fuel gauge working.

Graham, I'm gutted as I'm in the states that weekend and as a newcomer I could really learn alot from this weekend. Anyway, next time maybe or if the date changes for any reason I'm in.

Eden

hi thx for all info .
that weekend is a birthday weekend and booked already ...sorry

sounds just the ticket and will be watching for develpoements hope it comes off okay
cheers for now.

I should be able to make it for the Sunday, i won't be in the bus but i am willing to get dirty if someone needs a hand.

Should be fun.

Hi i'm still up for this but at the moment it looks like I will only be able to do the saturday as the sunday is busy, trying to work something out on that one :)

I am interested in the general servicing routine maintenance and to add another in there brake setup/adjustment etc if that's possible :?:

Cheers Simon

Latest posts