Favourite film.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
66nige said:
it has to be Dead mans shoes for me.......great film directed by Shane Meadows who was born and bread locally.

Quote from the dead, but yes, Paddy Considene is sh@t scary in this .... very dark!

Saw that new film a couple of weeks ago 1917 I think it was called, well , nearly nodded off and mostly fidgeted and twiddled around as it was a bit boring :shock: Four of us went to see it and one loved it and three of us couldn’t work out what all the fuss was about :mrgreen:
Saw Hacksaw Ridge a while back and that was captivating to the point where I thought we’d been fleeced when it finished after what seemed like twenty minutes ;) I think it was the best part of three hours long. Nobody went out for a pee and nobody was fidgeting so a really good film.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,That’s twice more than any other decade :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Oh,, that 1917 looked like it had been filmed in a local quarry after a rainy day.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,anyone like it ?. :mrgreen:

Really enjoyed it !!

I enjoyed 1917. Im not a big war film fan so it must have been good. It annoyed me that at the end despite having been washed through rivers and waterfalls, all the paper items in his pockets were undamaged but that aside, yeah, decent.

I saw Once upon a Time in Hollywood last night. I loved the evocation of the sixties and there were lots of VWs around. I don’t normally watch long movies; it’s 2 hours 41 mins, but I didn’t mind at all. [emoji3]

Although it’s a Tarantino movie, the violence only occurs at the end of the film, and I didn’t think it was that bad.

To all the Point Break appreciators, just enjoying a chilled drop of this....
54d39b7fddefec4362e74566ddda796d.jpg

6d98b1380be2e8ce7d48a35b4ad8ca6d.jpg

Apparently there’s also a Bodhi from the same brewery, I’m back to Seattle Friday where the brewery is so want to search it out. Can’t have one without the other....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noi the albino

Goodbye porkpie

and pretty much all of the above bar frozen which i've never watched

My fav film used to be Pulp Fiction, but since then so many good films:
Anything with Jeff Bridges in, particularly True Grit (the remake, possibly even better than the John Wayne original) and Bad times at the El Royale.
Cannery Row - Nick Nolte

Paul 👽

one of the very few films I can watch again and again.

👽🍩☝️

ozziedog said:
Oh, I forgot about this one, it made me cry tooooo. It’s about a little dog called Hatchi, I think that’s the spelling :mrgreen: Luckily he doesn’t die init straight away or I’d have been a blubbering wreck . I won’t tell you nuffink but you will at the very least have a very very large lump in your throat. :roll:
Oh the film is called Hatchi, it’s got Mr Geer innit too :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,movies with little dogs,,,I’m toast :mrgreen:

:fighting0040: Star Wars (best film of all time, ever, in any part of the galaxy), Dark Star (70's low budget classic),The Matrix, Silent Running, Soylent Green & er... Bad Mom's Christmas. It's very funny. Honest.

Mr Dark Star can recite most of Heartbreak Ridge.:shadey:

Dark Star said:
:fighting0040: Star Wars (best film of all time, ever, in any part of the galaxy), Dark Star (70's low budget classic),The Matrix, Silent Running, Soylent Green & er... Bad Mom's Christmas. It's very funny. Honest.

Mr Dark Star can recite most of Heartbreak Ridge.:shadey:
Coincidence, I hadn't heard about Dark Star until yesterday, one of my relatives told me it was their fave cult sci-fi film, and I said I'd look out for it, then forgot the name, so thanks!

On the wider topic, I like a lot of movies, and have a lot of 'favourites' of many diverse genres: Top Gun, Empire Strikes Back, Play it Again Sam, The Matrix, The Goonies, Labyrinth, Dune, Lord of the Rings, most John Hughes movies (The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Home Alone etc), but the one that I keep coming back to, which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is...

...Casablanca. It's a bit slow moving at times but the humour within the very serious subject matter makes it the perfect mix of bitter-sweet.

Latest posts