Fitted NOS heat exchangers today !!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kempy

Reaction score
Bloody hell you can tell the difference, hot air after 5 minutes.

Also fitted a bluebird stainless stock style exhaust. Why is it that a job that should take a few hours takes you all day. The biggest pain was getting the hot air pipes to connect to both ends as had to fit directly to the heat exchanger on the stainless exhaust which sounds dead easy but believe me it wasn't when it passes through the rear engine tinware

Also fitting the valance and rubber was a pain but worth it. I don't intend to do it for a long time and also got the exchangers sand blasted and powder coated last week to ensure they don't fall to bits in a few years.

I'll sleep tonight :wink:

Nice one Kempy, i too need a new exhuast as the quietpack had to be adapted to miss the tow bar and it's not ideal. I saw a new system by CSP called Python in Stainless steel at the Volksworld show. Gotta get saving again!

boatbuilder said:
Where does one find the elusive NOS heat exchangers?? :roll:

I just landed lucky, advertised on Volkszone for £50 the pair :shock:
Lets just say a took his hand off.

Just for the record there is an Irish trader who's name i forget ( saw him at Dubfreeze ) and he in the past seems to have had a few.

Sorry can't remember his name but also used to sell a few Gene Berg bits.
Might be worth calling a few dealers to get some names.

Hey Kempi, could you give us your impressions about your new exhaust and maybe post a couple of pics ? :wink:

Thanks,
Paddy

paddy56 said:
Hey Kempi, could you give us your impressions about your new exhaust and maybe post a couple of pics ? :wink:

Thanks,
Paddy

hi Paddy,

Can't see the point in posting some pics as all you can see is the tail pipe like on a stock exhaust. It would have been worth doing some before the rear valance was fitted but after spending ages fitting the engine rubber after putting it back on im not in a rush to do it again. :shock:

I was lucky in that i picked the exhaust upfrom ebay and only set me back £75 and the original on it was shot so i needed to do something.

It's really well made and won't rust.

Would i have paid over £200 for a new one against an Ernst stock style for a quarter of the price I don't honestly know.

billybradshaw said:
I guess the question a lot of us would ask is:

Where did you get your NOS heat exchangers from???

Cheers

Ian

I just landed lucky, advertised on Volkszone for £50 the pair
Lets just say a took his hand off.

Latest posts