Frankies 71 dormi Resto new pix

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Hi anyone got detailed pix of lower inner front repair cheers its been a while,

fitted new accelerator linkage

DSC02938.jpg

DSC02939.jpg

DSC02951.jpg

thought id do the easy bit first and see how i go,
DSC02941.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02942.jpg

DSC02948.jpg

not sure about the integrity of the welds though.
DSC02940.jpg

DSC02949.jpg
:lol:

You just cant beat welding upside down or lay on your side, Especially when hot bits fly off and sizzle in your ear :shock:

Not much fun hearing/smelling your hair singe as well :lol:

If I'm welding upside down or bodywork likely to warp instead of doing little runs just doing 1 second spots, the end result is a weld that looks like fish scales. If its spitting too much its always an idea to knock the wire speed down a little?

Thanks prof sounds good, Yes it was spitting will turn it down, its hard trying to weld an edge, and I think my glass is to dark even when its arced i still have trouble seeing the line, cheers mate keep the advice coming I need it Frankie.

going to make thicker accelerator bit today I just feel the first one is to weak , Frankie.

Had another go at the van took the window out .

DSC02955.jpg

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

DSC02960.jpg

check out the polycarb window could start a new trend :lol: ;)
DSC02964.jpg

done somemore today this is where I have to do the work I have no garage,

DSC02965.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

DSC02967.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

my metal bender ;)
DSC02970.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02974.jpg

DSC02977.jpg

cheers for looking and any comments welcome good or bad no worries Frankie.

I'm dreading that one I can feel it already and then when you frantically try to stick your finger in to rub it you find a bit of weld I bet, :lol: Frankie

cut away some brown stuff today not as bad as I thought on the innercill and top hat
could anyone show me a pic of an exposed innercill top hat outrigger under the sliding door as i'm not sure how they should look well really its the innercill end profile mine was gone so Iv nothing to copy.
CopyofDSC02998.jpg

DSC02995.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

DSC03001.jpg

DSC03002.jpg

I'm finding it hard to cut things out with the grinder any tips
DSC03004.jpg

cheers Steve for the bit of top hat look at the gauge difference,
try a dry fit of the t/hat and its a diffrent size may have to make one cheers steve
anyway.
DSC03010.jpg

thanks for looking and all advice is more than welcome Frankie

Frankie try 1mm cutting discs they are bout a quid on ebay . they are thinner an cut through the metal faster with less drag . Also get a 20ft tarp mate the blue ones are about 20 quid from your local tool shop etc and with sum market trader clips and sum wooden poles clipped off the van they can make a great improvised tent . therefore letting you work in the rain too . SAFETY GEAR decent welding gloves are great for welding and using the grinder with . Im talking about gloves that come right up to your elbows almost . Did you know that when a angle grinder is running it takes just 14 seconds with out ear defenders before the noise starts to damage your ears ?? :shock: :shock: Im sure an angle grinder is about 112 decibels too.

Gadget ;)

If we're on safety then remember to wear your welding mask when grinding - I got ark-eye last week when I didn't do this (very unpleasant indeed, like pouring sand in your eye!).

You're doing a cracking job out in the elements, keep it up!! 8)

;)

Can't do any welding so thought Id try and make an innersill patch havent got a shrinker and stretcher so this will have to do is this ok to do

DSC03017.jpg

DSC03019.jpg

DSC03020.jpg

DSC03021.jpg

DSC03022.jpg

iV made a anew bit of inner sill with less cuts made to many on the last one
DSC03023.jpg

just used this as a guide for new bit

DSC03024.jpg

any thoughts cheers Frankie.

Latest posts