Front Badge , the pins on the back...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmann70

Reaction score
I have got an early Bay front badge but someone has ground off the pins on the back ( so they could wear it round their neck back in the Beastie Boys days I imagine ).
Could someone measure the length and OD of the pins so I can fix it please .
Thanks for your help

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38121&hilit=front+badge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chris

^ Ah no , that`s not what I mean . I need to replace the mounting pins on the back of the badge . If I knew the length and outside diameter of the pins I can get some made up and welded on .
Thanks

i might be missing something but cant you measure the holes on your front clip or is a new one ,, sorry

just measured mine for ya 162mm both ways ie they are square

hope that helps cheers

john the horse

i guess i should actually read the question before answering :roll:

what a dumbass!!! even went out and took the badge off too, oh well runnin sans badge this year anyway!!

im not answerin another measurment question or ill prob end up with a pile of bits where a bus once stood

john the horse

Here`s what I`ve got .... I`m not expecting anyone to take their badge off , but if anyone has a spare badge in their stash I need the length of the pins and I need to know the thickness .
Cheers
BackofBaybadge001.jpg

hi if memory serves me right they are approx 15mm long 4mm ish diameter with groves along the length, so they grip the plastic inserts that you put in the four holes on the front panel

c and c do the plastic inserts

hope this helps

chris

I don't think it'll weld very well, it's cast. More than likely blow it to bits. :)

Latest posts