Fuel Pushrod - in situ

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shavey

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the middle of swapping out my old dynamo for an alternator. The kit comprises of a few parts including a fuel pump and pushrod. I have read a lot about the importance of the pushrod length. When I was removing the old pump, I noticed the old push rod was sat proud of the "intermediate flange or the plastic housing that the fuel pump sits on" by approx 5mm.
I was about to install the new pump and noticed that when I popped the pushrod in, it was about flush with the top of the "intermediate flange". Does this sound correct, does the pushrod move up and down and it could be by chance it is in the down position? Or should it alsways be say proud by a few mm's?

Any advice appreciated.

There are two different length pushrods. It could be that the new pump needs the shorter one, or you could have turned the engine over?

Either way, I'd stick with the pump (and pushrod) that was on the engine if it'll fit. The repro ones are generally not good quality...

Dynamo uses a 108mm rod & alternator uses 100mm. Don't get them mixed up [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the advice and info. I had already fitted the new pump with the shortened rod that was supplied with the kit. I will keep the original one as a back up.

Having to work out the wiring now, I think I have it all figured in my head.

Latest posts