heaters who has what and what is best dont be shy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vac 72 bay

Reaction score
looking to put a heating system into the van when it cames back from the body shop.what have you and what do you recommend. :? i am possibly doing away with the heat exchangers as i am changing the engine and the new heat exchangers are shot so ideal oppertunity for nice heat,and nice exhaust system :roll: :wink: :)

180px-Snorkel_parka.jpg

:lol: :lol:

;)

Petrol Eberspacher to fit - came from a '72 bay so will look at the best location for it!

gninnam said:
Petrol Eberspacher to fit - came from a '72 bay so will look at the best location for it!

My '72 originally came with an Eberspacher (why did I sell it?!) which was located under the rear seat/bed - although I've also seen them mounted in the engine bay.

;)

Got an Eberspacher BN4 in the garage that I was going to fit in the engine bay (but isnt going to fit now with the twin dellorto 36s going in), so just picked up an eberspacher B1L which will go under the back seat, although my stock heating system works quite well when moving I want a bit of heat when stopped. Not looking forward to the conversation when the box turns up:
Whats in the box?
An eberspacher petrol heater for the bus.
havent we already got one of those in the garage?
err, yes but this one is different.

Loxy said:
Got an Eberspacher BN4 in the garage that I was going to fit in the engine bay (but isnt going to fit now with the twin dellorto 36s going in), so just picked up an eberspacher B1L which will go under the back seat, although my stock heating system works quite well when moving I want a bit of heat when stopped. Not looking forward to the conversation when the box turns up:
Whats in the box?
An eberspacher petrol heater for the bus.
havent we already got one of those in the garage?
err, yes but this one is different.

how true is that :lol: :lol:

got a propex 1600,not impressed,turns of when going over bumps and not much heat,if id known id have kept the heat exchangers :wink:

I'm going to use a Propex HS 2000, do away with the heat exchangers and get a front heated window for the condensation. You are supposed to able to use it on the move as long as the inlet and outlet tubes are pointing backwards and away from each other. (Or so I've been told)

Obviously haven't done it yet so don't know if I'll be wearing snow boots when blown out of the front windscreen..

Knock up a suspension cradle for it Strongy, should be hot enough though the propex I've seen working kick out a phenominal amount of heat...sure yer thermostats not trousered....

it gets warm but not really hot could be the thermo i supose.ive not seen one in operation only this one

Latest posts