How long ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey folks. How long have you owned your buses for as a matter of interest and is there anyone that has had theirs in the family from new and if so how good were they new ? It dawned on me and i cant believe i have owned mine for 23 years . Crazy 🤙

17yrs this month I recon, Callum wasn't born and Isabel must have been nearly 2.... Still loving driving it, even more so lately. Off to Cornwall in a week and I muted to the kids that I might take the T6 and not the Bay (we stay in a caravan) and to my surprise they were disappointed! So we will pack it to the gunnels and enjoy the adventure! Yes they still come with us at 20/18/16 year olds lol 😍

Wow its so cool to hear folks stories and it is great we have owned our buses for so long and continue to. My bus will be with me for life no matter what. Could never dream of selling her. That gives me shivers. 🤙.

We got ours around 2006 so about 18 years , sadly the last 5 it’s been in the garage other than on the trailer moving to Wales! Need to fix the garage here before I can finish it, frustrating as I was so close before the move.

This is from 1993. I’d just bought the white late bay and two mates and I bought the sierra yellow crossover to break between us for parts. It was a lhd Tyoe 4 engined Westfalia. It drove, stopped, started and wasn’t that bad. Cost us about £400 from a dealer! :D Different times.
IMG_3351.jpeg

Owned my current bay for 19 years had another before that for just over two years, witch I couldn't really afford but went halfs with a mate and we shared it. After he cooked two motors I then bought him out.

Bought my 1970 in 1996 (or was it 1995?) for 750 quid,it was laid up in a friends mechanic garage. but it needed a new engine which coincidentally cost another 750. Wenti n eyes wide shut got involved in spannering it when I when to changea slave cylinder and teh lace ting brake pipe broke in two - I then renewed all teh pipes and much more

.. 10 years in when I built a 1776.. but finally it was getting used less and less and I felt it would deteriorate if left so I sold it just a couple of months ago after 28 year having owned over half its life.

Mixed feelings still but the proceed went on a MWB Sprinter (ex passenger ambulance) with air co electric windows, 160 HP motor:oops:, tall enough to walk about in and sooo much space! My feeling is teh Sprinter/crafter is where the T2s were forty years ago. They're everywhere at festivals.. Sadly not the same character however...

Bought my 1970 in 1996 (or was it 1995?) for 750 quid,it was laid up in a friends mechanic garage. but it needed a new engine which coincidentally cost another 750. Wenti n eyes wide shut got involved in spannering it when I when to changea slave cylinder and teh lace ting brake pipe broke in two - I then renewed all teh pipes and much more

.. 10 years in when I built a 1776.. but finally it was getting used less and less and I felt it would deteriorate if left so I sold it just a couple of months ago after 28 year having owned over half its life.

Mixed feelings still but the proceed went on a MWB Sprinter (ex passenger ambulance) with air co electric windows, 160 HP motor:oops:, tall enough to walk about in and sooo much space! My feeling is teh Sprinter/crafter is where the T2s were forty years ago. They're everywhere at festivals.. Sadly not the same character however...
Ozziedog,,,,,,,,I very nearly cried then.:cry:

I first drove my 1973 model-year (manufactured in late-August or early-September 1972), VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental motor-caravan in January 1975, which my father had bought second-hand, from an Australian hospital-doctor we met on a campsite in Greece during September 1974. It was the first vehicle I drove solo in August 1975. It's been part of my life for the past 49½ years.

360682.jpg

2381088.jpg

359609.jpg

359611.jpg

359614.jpg

360681.jpg

Latest posts