How old are you?....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My names Johnny, im an alcoholic, :lol:

I'm 37. My best mate in school had a delta green Earlybay, his dad was a panel beater so it was fully restored and had a bespoke interior. We used to sit up the town center and get inebriated in the back, i was hooked since then. I've had a few bugs notably a beautiful unrestored sea blue 66 and now a custom 65 Vert. I've had two buses, a 71 Chianti Red Devon for about 10 years (getting the full treatment at the moment) and last year an unrestored 71 microbus from Escondido In So Cal.

Im 29, and got my T4 a year ago. Trying to get the money together for a second, older, bus, but I might just give in and buy myself a 30th present with a little help from the bank manager lol.
Wish I could have afforded a bus at 22!

Graham L said:
Glad Andy and Ozzie posted before me:), 48 and run 2 lowered buses but not slammed ( yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HA HA HA, I fooled you all and got all those old farts out of their closets, or wherever it is that you two old farts hang out.,,,,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just foolin,,, :lol: :lol: It`s not fair ,,, I am the oldest, or am I just the only one to own up :?: :shock: :?: :shock: :?: .

I best be carefull then, or they`ll call me G. Glitter for talking to you lot !! :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Any advance on 55 ????? ;) :lol: ;)

dont worry ozzie ,will be 56 :roll: on april 15th,still only as old as the woman you feel.shes 54 :shock: and me panels44 in oct.

old f##ts rule OK

I'm 33, t'other half is 31
I got my first bus when I was 18 (a '77 devon that I customised - sadly, it was stolen from the last owner). From the age of 18, she's had a '71 baja, a '68 beetle, a '64 1500s notch and between us we've had a '76 ex-panel van and a '72 crossover RHD! deluxe sunroof microbus (this died in a unit fire). I also had a '58 split for a short period of time that needed far too much doing and I didn't have the time back then to do it... was cool as though! 8)
Happy days... now we have Phoenix - our '71 mostly original deluxe non-walkthrough microbus imported from Oregon last year :mrgreen:
We've also done other projects over the years - a '61 Astral caravan which we had on the back of the bug, and a '70 Vauxhall Viva - that fad didn't last! :lol:

timr90 said:
Got any pics dude

Ye ive got loads, but dno if ive set up photobucket properly to put them on here yet!

Its not a cosmetic beauty but its solid and got 12 months MOT :)
I've just put a new floor in and the roof is off for a refurb at the moment.

I will try post a pic but dno if this will work
[photobucket]
DSC_0256.jpg
[/photobucket]

happy birthday to Ivor

Shucks, thanks :oops:

Van looks good ;)

timr90 said:
I decided to go with the import aswell as a few of you lot by the looks of it, after going to see a few British rotters!
Not all the British ones are all bad ;)
I'm 23, had my British :lol: '72 crossover for nearly 3 months now.

Technically in worse shape than when I picked her up... I knew the cab floors were thin, but wasn't happy when I put through the passenger side when climbing in :lol:

I'd like to point out that the PO simply plated over the rust in the floors leading to a significantly larger hole having to be cut to get to good metal :roll:
Repair panels will be ordered next week!

gvee said:
Technically in worse shape than when I picked her up... I knew the cab floors were thin, but wasn't happy when I put through the passenger side when climbing in :lol:

I'd like to point out that the PO simply plated over the rust in the floors leading to a significantly larger hole having to be cut to get to good metal :roll:
Repair panels will be ordered next week!

Not unusual, but remember that if they weren't bodged through the 80's and 90's there wouldn't be many left....

I'm 44. I've had the current bus 3 years and bought my first bus 15 years ago.

My love affair with them goes right back to when I was about 4 years old, when my parents hired one for a day, and then the love affair blossomed when my parents bought one new in 1972 (and my current bus is identical in every aspect to that original family bus! :D )

I`m 41 and been into VW`s since i was 17.
I`ve got a Karmman convertible bug that i`ve had 12 years
and my 1970 Westy van i`ve had 2 years.

My bus is 39 and I'm 6 years older than her so in my mind that makes me 21 again
:lol:
Been into vw buses for past 5 years had a late 76 and finally got my crossover last year so working my way down I should have an early early in 4 years time

bought my first bus a month before my 19th and am now on my second bus and am 28!

My bus was born in Nov 1970. Ive had it 18 months and its six months older than me.
Bought my first EB (RIP :( ) when I was 22 and loved it for 4-5 years :D

I was 18 when I got mine, I'm 24 now. Couldn't insure it until 19, though :(

I don't regret it, but I'd do things very differently if I had my time again.

Latest posts