Knocking noise

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a knocking noise from under the bus, it's definitely not from the engine, just took rocker cover off and everything is tight and no signs of any knocking, it sounds like it's from the heat exchanger, it gets faster with higher rpm's and thinking it could be a flap loose, anyone had something similar?

He drives great, good power and acceleration, it knocks when not moving, noise seems to be around the rocket cover/heat exchanger but slower than I would expect from the rocker

Hiya Mr Marsh. We can try and eliminate a few things to rule them out. If you take the fan belt off and run it but not for too long maybe twenty or thirty seconds or so. If this sorts the noise out then it`s either a crap fan belt, something gone Pete Tong with your genny or alternator or maybe something in the fan or the fan self destructing. A good way to narrow it down a bit. DON`T forget to put the fan belt back on :shock: :roll: :shock: or else I will be in trouble :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And turn the radio off too :lol: :roll: :lol:

Latest posts