Lowering help.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbedup67

Reaction score
I've just fitted a stock width knl beam with drop spindles to my 68.
All seemed well apart from the rh wheel is leaning out at the top.
I've tried playing with the shims but it still wo t sit upright fully.

Now I'm a novice at when it comes to mechanics,so have I been a numpty and fitted the trailing arms wrong way round,as I'm bottom on top and top on bottom? I took one arm off at a time,cleaned it then put it back where It came from.Are they different? Does one stick out more than the other.
How else could I sort this out?

It drives ok but pulls like a bugger to one side.

Il get a quick pick when I get home tonight.
Cheers
Matt

Here's the pics.
The offending side.
ED08FC14-36F0-4FF9-980E-D63D3B8672C6_zpsbpzkjyke.jpg

9BA7001A-B371-4E8D-BD1B-C7B3525EEA78_zpsfnylrarf.jpg

The lhs seems fine.
9078EB95-2EF3-4779-A068-976A7207D513_zpsk2lbaptg.jpg

K@rlos said:
Did you shim the link pins properly?
I've tried playing with the shims but it doesn't seem to make much difference,still leans out even with all of them on the bottom and non on the top.
I don't get what it could be.
Are the bottom arms shorter depending on year at all?

You can't mistake top and bottom trailing arms, the bottom ones have the lower shock mounting stud fitted. They're all the same length, the bearing surfaces are different diameters depending upon year.
Are you sure you have the trailing arms fully pushed onto the torsion leaves? Are the grub screws fully into the torsion leaf dimples?

sparkywig said:
You can't mistake top and bottom trailing arms, the bottom ones have the lower shock mounting stud fitted. They're all the same length, the bearing surfaces are different diameters depending upon year.
Are you sure you have the trailing arms fully pushed onto the torsion leaves? Are the grub screws fully into the torsion leaf dimples?

Thanks dude.could having the wrong year arm with a different bearing surface cause this?
Also il have a look at the rubber spacer things between the but I'm not sure they look the same as yours,could a damaged one of those cause this issue too?

Your picture shows you've fitted the kingpins on the wrong sides.
The silver bolt/nut showing should be inboard. Compare your pic with mine.
You may have steering issues if you leave them like this as well.

Latest posts