Luke and Hannah's new wagon!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Olly, im off to Whistler on 21st but im sure i'l be up Norwich before I go so i'l drop it off to you, also some guy has e-mailed me about wanting to take some photo's of the pick up for a magazine, ive given him your number.

Hey Si cheers for the comments, can't wait to get camping in it, bet your the same?

Ok, I'll be at Trowse on the 16th I reckon, or pop it by the shop. Cheers 8)

What magazine? I'm probably not interested tbh! :lol:

New years update; Thought I had loads of time to get the van ready for Ninove but still got loads to do, got one of the worst jobs done today tho, changed every rubber seal except the front windscreen which Im missing the deluxe chrome trim so that will have to wait til next week. What a bloody nightmare of a job that was especially with deluxe trim, the rear quarter lights were the worst, hopefully it will keep the rain out!
Few pics of the underside of the tubs

P1020231_zpse6e0d217.jpg

P1020230_zpsfec3606c.jpg

And the windows out and back in again

IMG_0780_zpsafee5321.jpg

IMG_0784_zps67c268ab.jpg

Looking good Luke, nice and low! :cool:
Some top work done over the last few months, between you and Hannah!
Wish my missus would show the same enthusiasm! :-|
Ninove is fast approaching dude!
Pull your finger out! :lol:

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Luke I think I have the front trim somewhere but not the joining tab. Its pretty bent up though so you might be better sourcing some new stuff.

Nice comments thanks people, dont worry Foz it will be ready to roll for Ninove!

Hey Olly, dont worry bout it mate, I have ordered a new one when I ordered the seals, it just hasn't turned up yet.
Is Chris working in the shop this weekend? Wanna see if I can swap the jones board for the happy hour, I only used the jones for a few runs so its in perfect condition.

krusty said:
Is Chris working in the shop this weekend? Wanna see if I can swap the jones board for the happy hour, I only used the jones for a few runs so its in perfect condition.

Chris is off to the Alps with Dave for the first board test this weekend so I'm running the snowboard dept. I'll give Chris a quick call but I'm sure we can sort something out for you.

This weekends work; Dash smoothed out, painted and back in, new sound system installed and ready for a good thrashing, then finished re covering the front seats.
IMG_0790_zps8a8999e2.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys!
I know what you mean about dash's John, Im happy with how its finished up.

Haven't up dated for a while, it seemed like nothing was getting done for a few weeks but I was just trying to finnish lots of little bits off, it's now starting to get there.
My main worry was damaging the engine running low, thanks to Matt letting me have a look at his set up on the laundry van I knocked up a sump and gearbox protection plate out of some 4mm thick steel, also trimmed the engine moustache bar down and welded some oil line connectors to it so they do not hang down and get damaged.

IMG_0829_zpsa06ac141.jpg

Next up my kitchen / cooker unit; It was important to have good cooker for the van, but at the same time I didn't want to have to hunch down to cook in the van so this was the solution, all made out of american oak with soft close hinges rated up to 60kg so should be easily up to the job, this holds a 3 hob smev cooker and Finnegan's bed sits on top.

IMG_0830_zpseb5a79ea.jpg

IMG_0831_zps6ec41bbf.jpg

To match the cooker unit I fitted a american oak side shelve for phone, cuppa T etc and a little table to bridge the gap between the seats which also doubles up to be part of the bed.

IMG_0833_zpsf26f3b78.jpg

Table to eat at
IMG_0834_zpsd33d71f3.jpg

And how the bed looks all set out

IMG_0835_zpsaaff6a4c.jpg

Took the bus out today for my first drive since buying it many months ago, and boy does it shift, really blew the cob webs out and cleaned the fuel lines out :D
Still got the curtains to fit and a few other bits, but starting to get really excited about going to Ninove now!

Latest posts