Luke and Hannah's new wagon!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hector is the don with engines! Can not wait to get my 2110 in, but I'm waiting on parts still :( Looking super cool though Luke, LOVE the interior 8)

Karl

That set up you have for the cooker and the bed is fantastic. I love how you can open the slider in the morning and literally fall out of bed!
Nice work mate.

Hi,

Wow, loving the cooker unit, very very nice, and so neat!, dont think i have seen anyone do that before, excellent use of space, bed look great too!

Really nice bus, loving this a lot (looks at my bus and feels sad...)

Cheers!

Alistair

Touch of class there. ;)

Always loved a pull out rear kitchen. Eliminates all the smells in the van.

Interior layout is unorthodix but very practicle. That huge bed is going to be awesome for camping trips. Nice one.

krusty said:
Thanks for the comments guys!
I know what you mean about dash's John, Im happy with how its finished up.

Haven't up dated for a while, it seemed like nothing was getting done for a few weeks but I was just trying to finnish lots of little bits off, it's now starting to get there.
My main worry was damaging the engine running low, thanks to Matt letting me have a look at his set up on the laundry van I knocked up a sump and gearbox protection plate out of some 4mm thick steel, also trimmed the engine moustache bar down and welded some oil line connectors to it so they do not hang down and get damaged.

IMG_0829_zpsa06ac141.jpg

Next up my kitchen / cooker unit; It was important to have good cooker for the van, but at the same time I didn't want to have to hunch down to cook in the van so this was the solution, all made out of american oak with soft close hinges rated up to 60kg so should be easily up to the job, this holds a 3 hob smev cooker and Finnegan's bed sits on top.

IMG_0830_zpseb5a79ea.jpg

IMG_0831_zps6ec41bbf.jpg

To match the cooker unit I fitted a american oak side shelve for phone, cuppa T etc and a little table to bridge the gap between the seats which also doubles up to be part of the bed.

IMG_0833_zpsf26f3b78.jpg

Table to eat at
IMG_0834_zpsd33d71f3.jpg

And how the bed looks all set out

IMG_0835_zpsaaff6a4c.jpg

Took the bus out today for my first drive since buying it many months ago, and boy does it shift, really blew the cob webs out and cleaned the fuel lines out :D
Still got the curtains to fit and a few other bits, but starting to get really excited about going to Ninove now!

man i been thinking bout doing that for ages, youve made a mega job of that, think ill be a copyin that idea man.

that interior is so like ours its uncanny.

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

Even the sump guard.
DSCN0159.jpg

great minds etc haha

jth.

krusty said:
Took the bus out today for my first drive since buying it many months ago, and boy does it shift, really blew the cob webs out and cleaned the fuel lines out :D

85-90mph most of the way back from Ninove I seem to remember! :lol:

Nice comments cheers guys!
I cant wait to get away in the bus with the whole family and test the interior out.
I agree Karlos, the motor is awesome, god knows what yours is gonna be like! I still need to get Hector to give the motor a tune up, I have given it fresh oil etc, might see if he is about at the weekend.

John it is very similar to yours, didn't realise your interior was like that have to have a butchers at yours next time I see ya. Think the sump guard is a type2d thing as I copied Matts Laundry van which they did.

krusty said:
Nice comments cheers guys!
I cant wait to get away in the bus with the whole family and test the interior out.
I agree Karlos, the motor is awesome, god knows what yours is gonna be like! I still need to get Hector to give the motor a tune up, I have given it fresh oil etc, might see if he is about at the weekend.

John it is very similar to yours, didn't realise your interior was like that have to have a butchers at yours next time I see ya. Think the sump guard is a type2d thing as I copied Matts Laundry van which they did.

I should be going up Sunday to see him, might see you there :)

Yes mate looking forward to getting that ticked of my job list!

Got the van in the workshop tonight after work to start going over it with the rotary polisher, got the rear, front and one side done, just the other side to do tomorrow.

photo-1_zpsb3bab3c1.jpg

photo-3_zpsdd6f518a.jpg

Latest posts