measurements for u.s. round side reflectors.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silentrog

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Hi there
Can anyone tell me the measurements for the positioning of the U.S. round side reflectors front and rear ? I have A 72 RHD dormobile so has you can see I have no pre-set holes to guide me.
Cheers ROG.

Hi - these were fitted to 69 buses, you may still want to fit them to yours tho - ;)

So theres no confusion round reflectors where fitted to 68 & 69 MY only buses, 70 MY onwards where rectangular

And as I understand he wants to retro fit them and is asking for the posititon for the holes so he can drill them and install the reflectors.
I guess what you need is a template.

Not that easy when the shape of the front and rear wheel arch is completely different on a 68/69 and a 72

Hi There
Thanks for the replies . I guess I will have to try and find the best positions in their allotted areas, a sort of suck it and see approach.The round reflectors are by far better in my opinion than the original rectangle ones, pity there are no templates available or even measurements for fitment . Thanks again .

silentrog said:
Hi There
Thanks for the replies . I guess I will have to try and find the best positions in their allotted areas, a sort of suck it and see approach.The round reflectors are by far better in my opinion than the original rectangle ones, pity there are no templates available or even measurements for fitment . Thanks again .

Hi silentrog,

Tomorrow I will do some work at my bus with these round reflectors.
If you still want me to measure the position of these, please let me know.

Ciao,
Eric

Hi silentrog,

I've been working on my bus today, I had a busy schedule and forgot to measure for you :oops:
Appologize for that.
Next Thursday evening there is a new opportunity, I will write it on a not and let's hope I won't leave that at home ;)

Hi silentrog,

I tried to measure the position of the reflectors, I measured at the rear RH side and front LH side.
It wasn't easy on my own, but here are the dimensions:

About 20 mm in front of the vertical gutter

Reflector1_zpsf24c13bc.jpg

About 128 mm underneath the horizontal edge of the rear fender

Reflector2_zpsabdbe567.jpg

About 155 mm below the horizontal edge underneath the door

Reflector3_zps105d53dc.jpg

About 53 mm in front of the vertical gutter

Reflector4_zpsbdfc5966.jpg

I hope this will be useful for you, if you need more info please let me know!

Hi Eric
Those photos and measurements you e-mailed are just the ticket , when my van comes back from the autotrimmers I will be fitting the reflectors front and back using your information . Once again THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Latest posts