Meet poppy - Updated 20/07/2015 mot'd and back on the road

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marriedblonde said:
In no particular order:

Fit the remaing trim panels to the seat bulk heads
Replace the Westy window rubbers
Replace the drivers side door seal
replace front opening quarter windows with the brand new ones I bought at huge expense - eak!
Fit the headlining.
wire up the rear speakers.
Fit the new seat belts front and rear I have made to match the interior
Swap out the engine with the new 1914cc lump I have just bought.
Paint the wheels to match the bodywork
Book the car in for a full restoration - I am looking at having it done at the end of next year
but by the sounds of it I need to start thinking about getting it booked in now.

Fit the black step rubbers on the front bumper.

After a long conversation today i think i have fond someone to do the restoration. Going to decide tomorrow if i will book it in.

Oh and also forgot i have some gaz gp coilovers to fit at somepoint :)

Poppy is booked in for a tidy up and respray :) Although a year away I am quite excited.

Still got loads to do in the meantime.

Tonight I pulled my standard lump that I have sold.

And I recieved a load of bits for her... looking forard to putting my new engine together. It was like christmas today :)

Firetec system and J-tubes

IMG_2902.jpg

MST alternator stand

IMG_2903.jpg

BMD serpentine kit

IMG_2904.jpg

6 shooter clutch adjuster, MST block off CB dizzy clamp

IMG_2905.jpg

Ninove sweatshirt jacket thing - thanks Paul and Tracy :)

IMG_2906.jpg

New alpine stereo - if anyone wants an alpine 9812 and the ipod adaptor give me a shout, the sceen is slightly scratch but in good working order - the ipod adaptor only charges certain ipods and not the latest one I have hence the change

IMG_2907.jpg

And this package that I haven't opened is my brand new opening front quarter windows

IMG_2908.jpg

Started building up my long block in preparation for fitting today. took some pics as I went along.

Progress has been slower than hopes. I spent a lot of time getting the tin ware to fit (i.e. shaving it here and there...)

Long block
IMG_0519.jpg

Bit of tin ware, dizzy and inlet manifolds fitted
IMG_0520.jpg

Front exhaust pipes fitted
IMG_0521.jpg

Carbs, alternator stand and lower pulley fitted
IMG_0524.jpg

J-tubes
IMG_0526.jpg

Some pretty bits fitted

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

Almost there. Spent way way too long modifying the tin ware to get it to fit properly. I guess this is because it is designed for all blocks.

But it is done, just need to fit the coil, fit the cooling fan. Then strip it all down and paint the tin ware ahead of the fit in the back of my bay.

So here she is almost done
IMG_0557.jpg

I have no clue why I took this pic but it obviously meant something at the time...
IMG_0558.jpg

Engine bay, pretty clean but in need of a clean before refit time, I've new tar boards to fit, plus a firetec system. More jobs for this week...
IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

Bus is booked into project 1 a week friday to get the engine fitted. I decided whilst I am happy playing in the garage that I need an adult to herlp get it in and running.

Charlie has very graciously agreed to fit it with my help, although I may end up being coffee boy for the day.

I have also decided to have one of his narrowed beams fitted. Going to go for a powder coated beam... After seeing the one for his split - baked bean can, that he's made. It is a thing of beauty. So getting the same thing made for mine, all pwder coated etc. But thats not going to be fitted until Jan. Give me a chance to get a few miles under my belt before Ninove.

J.

5erge said:
Looking good, going for matt black tinware or something fancy?

Des

Thanks Des. I had planned to paint the tin ware pearl white (the bus is 3 different shades of white and one of them is pearl white :) , bought the paint, but after realising it was going to take a hell of a lot of work to make it fit decided the leave that until they had all been trimmed etc. But I now quite like black...

So I think for now it will stay black and then next year when it gets painted I will have it done then :)

But I do have a habbit of changing my mind...

Marriedblonde said:
IMG_0557.jpg

I have no clue why I took this pic but it obviously meant something at the time...
IMG_0558.jpg

Very cool.

With a motor like that, who needs an excuse to photograph it. :D

dont run that breather on oil filler,we had oil leaks on race beep,took it of and ran a pipe into coke bottle and NO leaks.fit a breather box .

67panel said:
dont run that breather on oil filler,we had oil leaks on race beep,took it of and ran a pipe into coke bottle and NO leaks.fit a breather box .

That was the off my old engine, i have taken your advice and gone for vented rockers and i am building a stainless breather box that i will run the breather pipes in :)

Not updated for a while. Before christmas I spent a few dats running the oil lines to the coler and remote filter and sorting out the wiring for my additional gauges etc but there was a slight issue with the block so stripped it down.

It's now ready to go again and will be fitted monday I hope.

On the plus side my brand spankers narrowed beam is ready for powder coat so I am still a happy man...

And fingers crossed my bus will be ready for ninove in March. although I have shed loads to do on the interior and I have decided to change the flooring...

J.

Latest posts