Meet poppy - Updated 20/07/2015 mot'd and back on the road

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gert Big T said:
What's happened to your bumper over riders? Are they for sale?

I've got the original bumpers front and rear but I am trying to decide if I am going to get them sorted out and freshend up. So the simple answer is yes I have them and at the moment there are not for sale.

J.

Spent the weekend doing the last little bits and pieces to the bus to get her ready for next weekend. So finsihed of fitting the curtain track all around, fitted the rear seatbelts, fitted the table support and sort out the drainage for the sink.

Oh and put the curtains in and secured the fridge to stop the sodding thing moving around as I drive. I bought a thick velcro strap that I cut in half and screwed it to the space for the fridge. Result is now the firdge cooler thing stays put :)

Couple of pics - curtains in
IMG_2534.jpg

Fridge secured
IMG_2535.jpg

Can;t ait to get the bulk head cards delivered and fit the roof lining to finish off the interior...

How easy are aircooled engines to work on :)

My vinatage speed exhaust arrived tuesday so last night I decided to have a crack at fitting it.

As I am sure most of you know the VS stuff is amazing, very very well made and the exhausts are pieces of art!

Anyway fitted it, nice sound at tick over, a lot quieter than the bug pack (???) exhaust I took off and the bus runs a lot nicer with it fitted.

Took a couploe of clips on my phone so you can hear the difference:

Old

http://www.jctechltd.co.uk/bay/Van/IMG_2540.MOV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New VS system fitted

http://www.jctechltd.co.uk/bay/Van/IMG_2541.MOV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just had a listen (I need to get a life, I know :D ) and it sounds so sweet that I am tempted to fit one myself.

Loving the pics by the way. You should be well chuffed. :D

Delilahtoo said:
Just had a listen (I need to get a life, I know :D ) and it sounds so sweet that I am tempted to fit one myself.

Loving the pics by the way. You should be well chuffed. :D

Seriously they sound even better in real life :)

And thank you, not quite as gorgeous as yours but poppy is shaping up nicely and we are looking forward to our first, wet, weekend away.

J.

Had couple more things done on the bus in preparation for V-Dub island this weekend. Fitted some CSP disc brakes replace the old dizzy with a vacuum advance one with eletronic points.

Also lowered the front an inch further to give me a slight nose down stance. This is obviously worthless without pics but I will get some uploaded after I load her up for tomorrows jaunt.

If anyone is after a complete set of drumes, including shoes and bearings or a working 009 dizzy lt me know.

J.

Looking great, where did you get the Buddy Box and chrome door opener surrounds.?

Marriedblonde said:
For buddy box details speak to myvanmyway who posted above.

Do you mean the interior door handle surrouns?

J.

Yes the interior door opener surrounds.

Been a while since I updated this thread. I haven't done a great deal to Poppy apart from use her but I have a long list of things to do over the winter ahead of Ninove in March.

In no particular order:

Fit the remaing trim panels to the seat bulk heads
Replace the Westy window rubbers
Replace the drivers side door seal
replace front opening quarter windows with the brand new ones I bought at huge expense - eak!
Fit the headlining.
wire up the rear speakers.
Fit the new seat belts front and rear I have made to match the interior
Swap out the engine with the new 1914cc lump I have just bought.
Paint the wheels to match the bodywork
Book the car in for a full restoration - I am looking at having it done at the end of next year but by the sounds of it I need to start thinking about getting it booked in now.
Fit the black step rubbers on the front bumper.

Heres a few pics of my carbs and long block, I have a lot of other shiny stuff turning up this week hopefully as I have bought everything brand new for the engine...

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

Latest posts