Meet poppy - Updated 20/07/2015 mot'd and back on the road

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: that's a lot of filler :shock:

Gutted for you bud but like others have said, it will be worth it in the end! :msn4:

Whats the time frame now?

dazza1975 said:
Whats the time frame now?

Yer a shed load of filler!!!! I feel sorry for Stewart and Drew having to carve their way though it!!!

As for time frame, no idea I will have a better idea what I know the solution is next week. I have set camper jam as my debut in it. So I should have enough time.

Although I need to order a few interior bits and pieces like new door cards etc. And get a headlining fitted. And order a freeway flyer from Alex at VWH

J.

Popped up to stoke yesterday to speak to Stuart and Drew at Midlands. :-( Hmmm they weren't lying about the accident damage. To be shown the extent of it...

On the plus side they talked me through the options and what they would be able to do and it looks like 2 weeks or so additional work and obviously more money and poppy will look nice and straight!!!!

Fingers crossed I will get it back in March subject to them not finding anymore issues.

Anyone looking to have a resto/respray could do a lot worse than giving Stuart and Drew a call. Enthusiastic, knowledgable and down to earth!!!!

I'll update with more pics and details as I have them.

Now I am off to look at a set of 17" smoothies and try to convince myself they wont suit my van... :)

Stu and Drew are certainly the best guys to sort the damage and get Poppy looking her best! They are the only guys in the business that I trust. They deserve far more praise than they ever seem to get.
Looking forward to more pictures as things progress.

Cookieson I couldn't agree more. they definitely do :)

I spent 2.5 hours with them stopping them getting on with work, not once did they try to hurry me up. I asked a million questions and they were more than happy to answer. Add to that I get regular texts from Stuart, as well as pics, to let me know what they have been up to. A lot of business could learn a lot from them. Brilliant.

A few more pics from my resto.

when I was up talking with Stuart and Drew they thought that the rear RHS corner that had taken a knock sometime in the past could be straightened out and didn't need cutting out and replaced. Not what I had been informed by many other people.

Bugger me they were right :)

While my bus is in I have had the rear reversing lights removed to clean up the rear.

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4930.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

Myvanway said:
As expected... These Guys are quality aren't they. 8)

Glad to see its coming together for you J. :D

The rear quarter they have sorted out is pretty amazing and shows the skills they have, you can see from the pic of the battery tray how big a bump it had taken. Easy option = remove the corner and replace. The correct way is to beat and pull it out :) Lets just say these pics confirm, if it was needed, I have made the right choice going with them :msn4: :D :msn4: :D

Marriedblonde said:
Myvanway said:
As expected... These Guys are quality aren't they. 8)

Glad to see its coming together for you J. :D

The rear quarter they have sorted out is pretty amazing and shows the skills they have, you can see from the pic of the battery tray how big a bump it had taken. Easy option = remove the corner and replace. The correct way is to beat and pull it out :) Lets just say these pics confirm, if it was needed, I have made the right choice going with them :msn4: :D :msn4: :D

I am so Impressed with what I've seen of there work that I'm trying to sway my Dad to get his Bus restored by them...., when he finishes the main part of the welding side of things that is. :roll:

Loving the way they keep you constantly informed with progress. (How it should be) IMO.

Nice one J.

Totally agree with Paul here. You should be kept updated, not left in the dark for days or even weeks on end.
These guys definitely seem to take a pride in their work, and ultimately in their customer satisfaction.
It must be a great feeling knowing you made the right choice!
Can't wait to see all this come together.

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Latest posts