my 69er! Now fully restored!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benyon said:
Looking nice Steve! 8)
Cheers Andy :D Nearly done now! He's off to be wax oiled tommorrow. All my seats are being trimmed this week, so should be all in at the weekend. Have the cab seats in already which look very tasty imo. :D

just a few interior pics. nearly all in, just started making the buddy seat. :D

IMGP2140.jpg

IMGP2144.jpg

IMGP2141.jpg

Now that is looking sweet. Very nice indeed.
Quick question. Did you weld in the carb air/oil filter stand and where did you get the replacement from? Removed mine and need one to fit in the short term so i can get the bus back on the road with the standard set up while i sort out the twin carbs etc.

clyde said:
Now that is looking sweet. Very nice indeed.
Quick question. Did you weld in the carb air/oil filter stand and where did you get the replacement from? Removed mine and need one to fit in the short term so i can get the bus back on the road with the standard set up while i sort out the twin carbs etc.

:D :D

The stand is bolted in. There was already a nicely positioned hole through the rear arch!
Got the stand off here. Maybe worth putting out a wanted thread. Many people cut them off for twin carb conversion, so I'm sure you will be able to find one. :D

Just a quick update of the last few weekends work. Project buddy seat, and project spice rack!
couldn't find a buddy seat good enough for the bus, so with a spare wardrobe unit I bought for this purpose, I got the saw out! and made one.It has one important mod from the standard spec.I made the back slightly wider so I can store beer bottles two abreast behind the drivers seat on a shelf down to half height :D :D Think i can get about 12 bottles in! and still have maximum storage under the seat.

Next came the spice rack. I've always thought a sink unit takes up too much room in a bus, but I needed something to put a cooker on,so I've fitted just a spice rack behind the passenger seat. I've always liked the devon swing out cooker, so I've hinged the rack so i can cook outside the van too. Well pleased with how both units have turned out :D

Here's a couple of pics.

IMGP2154.jpg

IMGP2152.jpg

Who's a clever boy :D

Both look like original fixtures to my eyes so very well done :mrgreen:

gninnam said:
Who's a clever boy :D

Both look like original fixtures to my eyes so very well done :mrgreen:
cheers Andy :D the spice rack itself is the genuine article. Made a birch panel for the seat back. backed the rack in birch too. made a bracket for the table leg,a couple of hinges and bobs your uncle. :D

just a couple of pics of the maiden voyage to snowdonia this weekend. really pleased with how the interior works for me. :D

IMGP2177.jpg

IMGP2170.jpg

IMGP2169.jpg

Cheers Guys for the comments :D Have to say the swinging spice rack is my favourite bit of the interior. It's so nice to be able to cook outside. It's always been a bit of a pain with it being a tintop. Wilf that wardrobe was very usefull. got the buddy and the half the bed front out of it. might make an overhead from what I've got left too.

Not too much to update really! just added a firetec system to the engine bay and been sorting a few loose ends out.
Did my first show and shine, at VWfestival in Leeds at the weekend, and won 3rd in the aircooled section! Kind of makes it all worthwhile, and was really cool listening to what other people thought of the the bus! :D :D

IMGP2259.jpg

IMGP2269.jpg

air_10.jpg

Well done Steve!!

Its always nice to get approval for your hard work, not that its needed as they're often personal projects but still - congratulations!

Benyon said:
Well done Steve!!

Its always nice to get approval for your hard work, not that its needed as they're often personal projects but still - congratulations!
Cheers Andy!

Latest posts